UConn vs Louisville: The performance facts | The Boneyard

UConn vs Louisville: The performance facts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have been puzzled why some think Louisville is a "football" school, so I looked at how UConn and Louisville have measured up based on academics (US News), football performance (using Sagarin), men's basketball (Sagarin), and women's basketball (AP poll). Which school performed better? You be the judge.

Academics:

UConn #63
Louisville #160

Football (avergage Sagarin ranking 2002 to 2011):

UConn #55.7
Louisville #54.7

One BCS bowl each school

Men's Basketball (average Sagarin 2002 to 2012):

UConn #23.3
Louisville #26.2

UConn 2 national championships
Louisville 0 national championships

Women's Basketball (AP final polls 2003 to 2012):

UConn #3.5
Louisville unranked 4x, highest final ranking 7

UConn 5 national championships

My analysis: Football was a wash, UConn outperformed in both men's and women's basketball. Clearly, UConn is the superior academic school.

The differences: Louisville has better attendance and they just wanted it more and sold their school to the ACC better than UConn. These numbers could have been presented to the FSUs, Clemsons, and GTs as well as a plan to improve football. UConn's leadership failed. Credit Jurich, Louisville's AD.

Reaction Score
You have to wonder if anyone at UConn even alerted our opposition to these facts.

You still have media outlets and reporters reporting that Louisville has superior football facilities so it's not like anyone at UConn is concerned with clearling up misconceptions about our school.

Reaction Score
Seriously as a uconn alum i want to know what our leadership was doing this past week

Reaction Score
Personally, I think the UConn leaders thought the facts spoke for themselves and they decided they did not need to provide the ACC with a vision for the future. Louisville sold themselves very well, even though the facts say otherwise. Leadership failure.

Reaction Score
We hired all the wrong people at the worst time. In business it would be over, easy to see how this happens as hard as it is to handle.

Hopefully we get another chance with either more prepared leaders or new ones. Guessing they didn't see this happening this fast and had no pitch deck ready and Jurich has his whole pitch cold.

Reaction Score
Jurich had the advantage of trying to out pitch WVU to get into the Big 12. Honestly, I think Louisville is surprised they beat UConn, but they never gve up to their credit.

Reaction Score
I have been puzzled why some think Louisville is a "football" school, so I looked at how UConn and Louisville have measured up based on academics (US News), football performance (using Sagarin), men's basketball (Sagarin), and women's basketball (AP poll). Which school performed better? You be the judge.

Academics:

UConn #63
Louisville #160

Football (avergage Sagarin ranking 2002 to 2011):

UConn #55.7
Louisville #54.7

One BCS bowl each school

Men's Basketball (average Sagarin 2002 to 2012):

UConn #23.3
Louisville #26.2

UConn 2 national championships

Women's Basketball (AP final polls 2003 to 2012):

UConn #3.5
Louisville unranked 4x, highest final ranking 7

UConn 5 national championships

My analysis: Football was a wash, UConn outperformed in both men's and women's basketball. Clearly, UConn is the superior academic school.

The differences: Louisville has better attendance and they just wanted it more and sold their school to the ACC better than UConn. These numbers could have been presented to the FSUs, Clemsons, and GTs as well as a plan to improve football. UConn's leadership failed. Credit Jurich, Louisville's AD.

Nice comparison - need to add this piece. It was just noted in JJ column:

"The bottom line is Jurich, with 15 years of experience and program-building, won big. Certainly, Louisville's facilities are excellent. Louisville has a budget of $84 million. Not only is it the highest in the Big East, but also the ACC. (Florida State is at $81 million.) Manuel said UConn's budget is $65 million, which is about $7 million more than Maryland."

Reaction Score
Unfortunately you could have advertised those facts on CNBC, but in FSU and Co's mind it was a southern school or bust.

The ACC had shown it supports the UNC no show classes and doesn't give a damn about academics or doing the right thing. I have NO respect for college integrity at all. The color of college fb is green.

Give the current fb environment in 6 years i guarantee it all ends in tears - because the penalty for cheating (paying players under the table, performance enhancing drugs, all kinds of rules infractions (respects to the Seeberg family) pales in comparison to the potential $ payoff. If colleges and universities have no morals then society is in dire straights. Sorry for the soapbox speech, but its sad when once outstanding universities like UNC and UVA give up the ghost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom