UConn vs. Louisville Game Day Information | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Louisville Game Day Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just hit inbox...

Husky Fans, After almost a month away from the Rent, UConn Football returns to East Hartford tomorrow night as they host #20 Louisville at 8:30pm. More importantly, tomorrow's game vs. the Cardinals marks our annual Military Appreciation Game where we recognize past and present military personnel for their dedication and service to our country. Here’s everything you need to know for tomorrow night. Here are 3 great reasons to GET IN EARLY and GET LOUD with the Huskies!

STADIUM GATES OPEN EARLY: Stadium gates will be opening at 6:30pm prior to Friday's football game so that fans can get in the Rent early to watch the #18 UConn Men's Basketball team take on Maryland. The basketball game, in part, will be broadcast live on the scoreboard. Parking lots will still open 4 hours prior to kick-off.

PREGAME SUPER FLAG: For the third consecutive year, UConn Football, SUBOG and UConn's Office of Veterans Affairs and Military Programs welcomes back the SUPER FLAG for a pregame recognition. Get in your seats no later than 7:45pm as we salute the troops with a special presentation during the National Anthem.

HALFTIME MILITARY PARADE: Veterans and active military personnel are invited to be a part of our halftime military parade. To participate, please visit the Marketing Kiosk (located inside Gate B on the concourse) with 8:00 remaining in the 2nd Quarter. Participants who require accessible entry to the field should visit the Marketing Kiosk with 10:00 remaining in the 2nd Quarter. Space is limited for the on-field parade. All patrons unable to participate on-field will be asked to stand at their seats to be recognized.

GAMEDAY RUNDOWN:
4:30pm: Parking Lots Open/Tailgating Starts
6:30pm: Husky Walk (between Gates C and D) / Stadium Gates Open / Club Level and Suites Open
7:30pm: Pack-up the tailgate and GET INSIDE for the Military Recognition!
8:30pm: Kick-Off GO HUSKIES!

Reaction Score
STADIUM GATES OPEN EARLY: Stadium gates will be opening at 6:30pm prior to Friday's football game so that fans can get in the Rent early to watch the #18 UConn Men's Basketball team take on Maryland. The basketball game, in part, will be broadcast live on the scoreboard. Parking lots will still open 4 hours prior to kick-off.

PREGAME SUPER FLAG: For the third consecutive year, UConn Football, SUBOG and UConn's Office of Veterans Affairs and Military Programs welcomes back the SUPER FLAG for a pregame recognition. Get in your seats no later than 7:45pm as we salute the troops with a special presentation during the National Anthem.

So I guess they are only showing part of the basketball game in the stadium.

Reaction Score
From Jim Fuller:

>>Update on start time of UConn/Louisville game

For those wondering what would happen if the UConn/Maryland men's basketball game runs long and if that would impact the start time of the football game since both games are being televised on ESPN2, I've been told that there is a five-minute window for the start time to be shifted. In other words, the latest the game would start is 8:41 p.m. since the game is currently slated to kick off at 8:36 p.m.<<

Reaction Score
I sure hope they open those gates sooner then 4:30. There's no way to get there from here at that time. It's either 3:15 or 6:15 and we don't plan on spending the afternoon in traffic. Use some common sense Rent!

Reaction Score
I sure hope they open those gates sooner then 4:30. There's no way to get there from here at that time. It's either 3:15 or 6:15 and we don't plan on spending the afternoon in traffic. Use some common sense Rent!

remember Jimdish, every time we do this it's like the first time. Rushhour traffic in Hartford I91/I84 interchange on a Friday? How did we not think of that being a problem. The late start time might save the planners butts this time though.

Reaction Score
remember Jimdish, every time we do this it's like the first time. Rushhour traffic in Hartford I91/I84 interchange on a Friday? How did we not think of that being a problem. The late start time might save the planners butts this time though.

I know what to expect and it's not good. Leaving an hour later might mean sitting in traffic for an extra hour or more. Does leaving at the normal time to arrive 3:15 3:45 mean staring at the gates if they don't open early?

Reaction Score
There ain't alot of room for people to wait outside the gates, do the cops move people along or do they let you in an hour or so early if you show up then?

Reaction Score
I'm getting there at 430. I've seen UCONN post 4 hours before game this season and I drive by 5 hours before and people are already set up. Who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom