UConn vs Iowa - Match-ups | The Boneyard

UConn vs Iowa - Match-ups

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Caitlin Clark (6'0") vs Christyn Williams (5'11") - Christyn will have her work cut out for her here. Caitlin is a scoring machine, Iowa runs a lot of plays for her, her team has confidence in her and she will have the ball in her hands a lot. Can Christyn stay with her? This is the question that will be answered today. Of course, look for UConn to play a lot of zone to take the pressure off of a one on one match-up. Statistically if both players are on their game the ADVANTAGE IOWA. I look for Geno to cut the head of the snake which has been his modus operandi for years and I think UConn will keep Caitlin under her season average to let's say 18 points.

Monica Czinamo (6'3") vs Olivia Nelson-Odota (6'5") - Monica is a scorer around the basket and out to 8 to 9 ft. Olivia is also playing her best basketball of the season now. Her size and mobility will make things difficult for Monica. I think Olivia has a great game. When Olivia is not in the game Aaliyah Edwards will give us good minutes with both points and rebounds and collectively Aaliyah's and Olivia's defense will give the ADVANTAGE TO UCONN.

McKenna Warnock (6'1") vs Paige Bueckers (6"0")
- Our national player of the year will not disappoint in this game...she will get everyone involved, and she will let the game come to her but at the end of the day Paige will dominate and will give a big ADVANTAGE TO UCONN

Kate Martin (6'0") vs Evina Westbrook (6'0")
- I look for Evina to have a solid performance. I think that Evina is the stronger player and playing within the UConn offense which is sure to be out on the fast break and in transition often...I look for Evina to have a very good game. ADVANTAGE UCONN

Gabbie Marshall (5'9") vs Nika Muhl (5'10")
- Nika will be back for this game...she will be disrupting the Iowa offense, getting steals and fast break lay-ups...Gabbie is a good match-up for Nika and I will call this one EVEN

UConn Bench will prove to be too much for Iowa - ADVANTAGE UCONN

Intangibles
- Coaching - ADVANTAGE UCONN

This will be somewhat of a track meet but I don't think that Iowa will have the legs in the 2nd half and certainly not in the 4th quarter to stay up with UConn. UConn holds their opponents to 53 points while Iowa allows their opponents to score 79.9 points per game. I think this game will be decided by UConn's defense which will pull Iowa out of their comfort zone. Allowing UConn to score 80 plus points will make it that much more difficult for Iowa to pull off the win. I believe UConn will win this one 97 to 72

Reaction Score
Caitlin Clark (6'0") vs Christyn Williams (5'11") - Christyn will have her work cut out for her here. Caitlin is a scoring machine, Iowa runs a lot of plays for her, her team has confidence in her and she will have the ball in her hands a lot. Can Christyn stay with her? This is the question that will be answered today. Of course, look for UConn to play a lot of zone to take the pressure off of a one on one match-up. Statistically if both players are on their game the ADVANTAGE IOWA. I look for Geno to cut the head of the snake which has been his modus operandi for years and I think UConn will keep Caitlin under her season average to let's say 18 points.

Monica Czinamo (6'3") vs Olivia Nelson-Odota (6'5") - Monica is a scorer around the basket and out to 8 to 9 ft. Olivia is also playing her best basketball of the season now. Her size and mobility will make things difficult for Monica. I think Olivia has a great game. When Olivia is not in the game Aaliyah Edwards will give us good minutes with both points and rebounds and collectively Aaliyah's and Olivia's defense will give the ADVANTAGE TO UCONN.

- Our national player of the year will not disappoint in this game...she will get everyone involved, and she will let the game come to her but at the end of the day Paige will dominate and will give a big ADVANTAGE TO UCONN

- I look for Evina to have a solid performance. I think that Evina is the stronger player and playing within the UConn offense which is sure to be out on the fast break and in transition often...I look for Evina to have a very good game. ADVANTAGE UCONN

- Nika will be back for this game...she will be disrupting the Iowa offense, getting steals and fast break lay-ups...Gabbie is a good match-up for Nika and I will call this one EVEN

Intangibles

This will be somewhat of a track meet but I don't think that Iowa will have the legs in the 2nd half and certainly not in the 4th quarter to stay up with UConn. UConn holds their opponents to 53 points while Iowa allows their opponents to score 79.9 points per game. I think this game will be decided by UConn's defense which will pull Iowa out of their comfort zone. Allowing UConn to score 80 plus points will make it that much more difficult for Iowa to pull off the win. I believe UConn will win this one 97 to 72
I wouldn’t be so quick to sell Christyn Williams short vs Clark. I expect CW to have a very good game. If Clark ends up guarding Williams, she will have her hands full with Williams first step and dribble driving to the basket. Both girls could end up with 2 or 3 fouls by halftime.

Reaction Score

Intangibles

Looks good cferraro and maybe this is what GA starts with. I'd prefer to have PB on Clark and CW on martin and EW on warnock. Not too fussed about the latter but PB on Clark is a much better matchup for us.

I do think that GA may give CW the challenge however as you suggested.

Reaction Score
Just hope they win comfortably enough so they have something in the tank for Monday's game. Don't want them gassed if they have to play Baylor. That will be much more physical. Here's to good outside shooting and no foul trouble for ONO and AE!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom