Uconn vs FSU | The Boneyard

Uconn vs FSU

Reaction Score
How is the Prudential center for games. Was thinking about going on one of the uconn bus trips

Reaction Score
Agreed, nice place and downtown Newark has gotten better.

Reaction Score
Hands down better than the Barclays Center. Used to really enjoy catching UConn games there whenever we'd play Seton Hall.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Hands down better than the Barclays Center. Used to really enjoy catching UConn games there whenever we'd play Seton Hall.

Completely agree. Went to a couple UConn / Hall games at the Pru as well as handful of NJ Devil games. Really nice arena and they've given it a very local flare as well. Which, if you're from NJ like me, is a cool touch.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Completely agree. Went to a couple UConn / Hall games at the Pru as well as handful of NJ Devil games. Really nice arena and they've given it a very local flare as well. Which, if you're from NJ like me, is a cool touch.
Lol, keep thinking you are in Nebraska because of your handle.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Lol, keep thinking you are in Nebraska because of your handle.

You're not the first one. Somebody, I can't remember who, used to rag on me for being from Nebraska.

Probably couldn't be a more polar opposite than North Jersey haha.

Reaction Score
Has it?
Since it opened 11 years ago, absolutely. I grew up in North Jersey and it was much worse back then. I'm not saying Newark is a destination by any means, but it's nicer than what it was. Red Bull Arena has also done wonders for the area.

Reaction Score
Thanks for all the advice. I signed up for bus trip. Is anyone else going?

Reaction Score
I will be there with another early 90's alum. I anticipate a few other NJ-based alums that I know to be there as well. There was another thread when the tix first went up for pre-sale. Looks like some are going, and a lot are waiting for the dumping of tix as time approaches. I decided to pick up a couple good tix since I don't get to go to many games anyway and I'm only about 20+ minutes from the arena. Better price and location than the Stubhub tix I got for my son and me at MSG vs. Mich State!

Hopefully the alumni association runs some type of event at Dinosaur BBQ or one of the other decent places that has popped up in the area. I'm also hoping McGovern's is reopened which is only a few blocks away and was a Newark institution that is being completely renovated (for better or worse).

Finally, I think @ConnHuskBask offered to put everyone up at his place if people need a place to crash. Maybe that was in a different thread. ;o)

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I will be there with another early 90's alum. I anticipate a few other NJ-based alums that I know to be there as well. There was another thread when the tix first went up for pre-sale. Looks like some are going, and a lot are waiting for the dumping of tix as time approaches. I decided to pick up a couple good tix since I don't get to go to many games anyway and I'm only about 20+ minutes from the arena. Better price and location than the Stubhub tix I got for my son and me at MSG vs. Mich State!

Hopefully the alumni association runs some type of event at Dinosaur BBQ or one of the other decent places that has popped up in the area. I'm also hoping McGovern's is reopened which is only a few blocks away and was a Newark institution that is being completely renovated (for better or worse).

Finally, I think @ConnHuskBask offered to put everyone up at his place if people need a place to crash. Maybe that was in a different thread. ;o)

Everyone bring their own aero bed!

Reaction Score
Fantastic place. Bar right at the top of the stairs. They usually use only the first tier of seats for a college game, and since they usually place black curtains around the top tier, it can look like you're sitting in the bottom of a can.

The Pru is near Newark RR station, NJ PAC, etc, and is mainly 'renovated' area - lots of parking lots, new construction, etc, where the slums used to be. Not a 'troubled' area now. If you get there early, go to one of the Spanish restaurants in the Ironbound (Spanish Tavern, Fornos, Iberia) only 4-5 blocks away. Lots of cops at a Pru or NJPAC event, and the average Newark cop looks like a NFL linebacker.

And, is there a formal planned BY pre-game event? Always lots of talk about such, but never a real meet / reception.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom