UConn vs Florida November 17th | The Boneyard

UConn vs Florida November 17th

Reaction Score
giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Odd scheduling because we might face them in the Charleston Classic later that week.

Hope we find a big man so I don't have to listen to BS from some friends in FL!

Last edited:

Friendship

Filled With My Husky Friends
Reaction Score
This brings our OOC schedule for next year to:

Vs. Florida
@ Nova
Vs. (Charleston Classic)
Vs. (Charleston Classic)
Vs. (Charleston Classic)

needs work

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
in before whaler realizes what day of the week november 17 is and what else is gonna be on tv that day
Is he @HurleyMania?

Reaction Score
This brings our OOC schedule for next year to:

Vs. Florida
@ Nova
Vs. (Charleston Classic)
Vs. (Charleston Classic)
Vs. (Charleston Classic)
Have they announced when the @Nova game will be?

Reaction Score
Don't get your hopes up. I'd like to be wrong but with the absurd deficit, there's no way they pass up the extra ticket sales that the XL Center will allow for.
FWIW, Hurley wants the game at Gampel. Not sure what will end up happening but being so early in the season with a young team, this is what he is requesting.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Don't get your hopes up. I'd like to be wrong but with the absurd deficit, there's no way they pass up the extra ticket sales that the XL Center will allow for.

There is no way they pass up the ticket sales at XL. But it sure as hell should not be at MSG. That needs to be reserved for northeastern opponents playing a single game, not our "home" in a home and home.

Maybe the Gators will play two more at MSG and Orlando.

Reaction Score
FWIW, Hurley wants the game at Gampel. Not sure what will end up happening but being so early in the season with a young team, this is what he is requesting.

Good he should want it at Gampel. If the university is worried about lost revenue, go out and get another big OOC matchup or two or three lined up and lose some cupcakes in the process. If they can get a game as MSG next year, great, but we just had 4 games in NYC/NJ this year so a year off isn't the worst thing ever.

Also forget about the lost revenue for one game, they need to make Gampel season tickets more appealing than the garbage schedule on campus this year.

Reaction Score
Good he should want it at Gampel. If the university is worried about lost revenue, go out and get another big OOC matchup or two or three lined up and lose some cupcakes in the process. If they can get a game as MSG next year, great, but we just had 4 games in NYC/NJ this year so a year off isn't the worst thing ever.

Also forget about the lost revenue for one game, they need to make Gampel season tickets more appealing than the garbage schedule on campus this year.
Not sure where talks are, but we were close to agreeing to a 4 year deal with Providence before the season started. It was something along the lines of a game at Mohegan, MSG, and then home and home. I think the hold up where where the series was gonna start.

Reaction Score
Not sure where talks are, but we were close to agreeing to a 4 year deal with Providence before the season started. It was something along the lines of a game at Mohegan, MSG, and then home and home. I think the hold up where where the series was gonna start.

I feel like this has stalled out for awhile. I remember hearing about this here back in November/December.

Reaction Score
They better not schedule the Florida game in Hartford! That game needs to be played in Storrs!

I was going to say it probably wouldn't make much difference because it's the Sunday of Thanksgiving week, but I just looked and saw Turkey day is the 28th, so it ought to be on campus.

UConn gets first billing in the lineup of teams on the Classic's website so I guess the brand is not yet dead!!!!
Tickets - Charleston Classic

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I feel like this has stalled out for awhile. I remember hearing about this here back in November/December.

Who cares where it starts. Its a 4 game series and we need to go there once and they need to come here once, 2 games on a neutral floor. Can our university put its ego aside and please get this done - go to PC and get this show on the road.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom