UCONN vs BC, Sat. Nov. 19, Alumni Stadium, Chestnut Hill, MA | The Boneyard

UCONN vs BC, Sat. Nov. 19, Alumni Stadium, Chestnut Hill, MA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've been at Conti when UCONN took over that gym as our home court. It was awesome. It would easily be 50% or more UCONN fans and we were vocal.

How great would it be to get 10,000 Husky fans in Alumni? We could easily be 25% of the fans that day and if BC struggles next season, which they very well might, we could be a third. Does it mean anything in terms of CR? No. Does it send a message and would it be sweet? You bet. Doing the Husky cheer through the tunnels of Alumni after the win. Oh man!

What can we do as a board to assure a great showing of Husky fans?

Reaction Score
Don't sell UConn fans short. We need to get 15,000+ there. By the time we get there BCU fans will probably have had enough for the year. Stubhub and the likes should have plenty of tickets available.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know when tickets will go on sale? Plan to be going with a bunch of young alumni, should be a great time.

Reaction Score
I've been at Conti when UCONN took over that gym as our home court. It was awesome. It would easily be 50% or more UCONN fans and we were vocal.

How great would it be to get 10,000 Husky fans in Alumni? We could easily be 25% of the fans that day and if BC struggles next season, which they very well might, we could be a third. Does it mean anything in terms of CR? No. Does it send a message and would it be sweet? You bet. Doing the Husky cheer through the tunnels of Alumni after the win. Oh man!

What can we do as a board to assure a great showing of Husky fans?
If Uconn wins the football game, it will be a good thing for Uconn. But if Uconn loses the football game, it really won't mean much to be able to say.... " well, we've never beaten BC in football, and we lost yet another one, but at least we brought a lot of fans to the loss ".

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Does anyone know when tickets will go on sale? Plan to be going with a bunch of young alumni, should be a great time.

I wrote to the BC athletic ticket department asking this very thing. Haven't heard a response. I hope they don't pull any sort of Denver Bronco weak shenanigans and only sell to people with a Chestnut Hill zip code.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Don't sell UConn fans short. We need to get 15,000+ there. By the time we get there BCU fans will probably have had enough for the year. Stubhub and the likes should have plenty of tickets available.

Tend to think the same. UConn will be positioning for a better bowl and BC's bowl game hopes should be gone by then.

Reaction Score
Uconn has legitimate chance to sell more tickets with their fans than did the Umass football fans did at Alumni Stadium, imo. Umass should sell more tickets to their game vs. BC as they have far more alums around the Boston region than UConn does. But Uconn does have a chance to outsell the instate Umass ticket purchaseres here, imo. Both Umass and Uconn have lots of alums living in N.E.... far more than BC does... and this is why ( money driven ) both are now back on the BC football schedule. This is good to see these N.E. schools playing one another. There is not much appetite to watch Uconn- Tulane, or BC- New Mexico State, or Umass- Delaware, et al, , in New England in the Fall.

Reaction Score
I'm going with at least 3 others. Up to 20 now depending on how things shake out

Reaction Score
Tend to think the same. UConn will be positioning for a better bowl and BC's bowl game hopes should be gone by then.
Maybe.. maybe not. You seem overly confident that Uconn will beat BC at Alumni next season. But who knows, what each team will have next season as its so far off right now, imo . Maybe BC will go back to back seasons without going to a bowl game, but thats not been their general history the last 3 decades. BC tends to go to bowl games most seasons now... with back to back losing seasons, more the exception rather than the rule. But then again, who knows what next season will bring. Addazio can't go with a back to back losing season, lose to Uconn at home, and retain his job however, imo. Thats why I think there is at least a reasonable chance that BC bounces back nicely next season.... especially with so many starters back on both sides of the ball, and the addition of transfers.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Whats with the late game date?..Slightly concerned that it is senior night for BC. That along with what should be a packed stadium should get the teams motivated.

Reaction Score
My wife a I for sure, unless my brothers go then it's a guys road trip.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I wrote to the BC athletic ticket department asking this very thing. Haven't heard a response. I hope they don't pull any sort of Denver Bronco weak shenanigans and only sell to people with a Chestnut Hill zip code.

Then someone here needs to rent an apartment in Chestnut Hill.

Reaction Score
use a friend/relative's MA address if need be
Think I can get my nephew who lives & works in Beantown to walk & up a buy a block of tix at the Thunder Chicken ticket window?

Reaction Score
would not miss this away game for anything, at this point at last 3 of us are going...

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
I hope they don't pull any sort of Denver Bronco weak shenanigans and only sell to people with a Chestnut Hill zip code.
Well, if they do, there will only be 500 people in the stands.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Maybe.. maybe not. You seem overly confident that Uconn will beat BC at Alumni next season. But who knows, what each team will have next season as its so far off right now, imo . Maybe BC will go back to back seasons without going to a bowl game, but thats not been their general history the last 3 decades. BC tends to go to bowl games most seasons now... with back to back losing seasons, more the exception rather than the rule. But then again, who knows what next season will bring. Addazio can't go with a back to back losing season, lose to Uconn at home, and retain his job however, imo. Thats why I think there is at least a reasonable chance that BC bounces back nicely next season.... especially with so many starters back on both sides of the ball, and the addition of transfers.

See? This is exactly why this game should be played every season. Both fanbases would be upset if their team loses to the other. Both fanbases think their team is better than the other. And I think the atmosphere in both stadiums will be quite electric every season.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I live in MA. I would gladly buy tickets on behalf of Boneyarders if you were blocked. Don't worry, we will represent.

Reaction Score
I will be there with 2 friends. Recreating when we went years ago. Night out in Boston after the W

Reaction Score
If Uconn wins the football game, it will be a good thing for Uconn. But if Uconn loses the football game, it really won't mean much to be able to say.... " well, we've never beaten BC in football, and we lost yet another one, but at least we brought a lot of fans to the loss ".

If they lose UConn is back to 2004 when the excuse was "we are in the growing stage of transitioning into a D1 program". BC sucks so time to choke the life out of them. Need to take revenge for Flipper's deplorable bullsheet.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Just told the wife that we need to block out this weekend as we're going to the game. Usually my mom wants us to go down to Jersey that weekend since we don't go for Thanksgiving. Last season I missed the Houston game to go. I'm giving her 10 months notice so there can't be any confusion! My wife doesn't think it'll make it better. Too bad. I'm not missing this one....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom