UConn versus the field | The Boneyard

UConn versus the field

Status
Not open for further replies.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I've watched quite a few games so far and I think the Huskies can compete with most of the teams I've watched. I think Gonzaga and Baylor are a step above everybody right now. Can anyone mention another team that they don't think we match up well against?
Teams I think we can beat include:
Duke
Kentucky
Kansas
Creighton
Rutgers
Illinois

Reaction Score
Yea, it will be very interesting to see how good this team is come March- I believe they are just scratching the surface. With that said, hopefully the leaders & administration in charge carry on the season & give an opportunity for people to continue to operate in this industry as a whole.

Reaction Score
maybe we can beat Creighton if they shoot 33% from 3 and 50% from the line again like they did against KU. still Creighton only lost by 1 so not sure who that says more about.
imo there's prob only 6 teams we couldnt beat on a given night even playing our best game: gonzaga, baylor, nova, iowa, msu, and illinois

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Do you mean who we can beat if things start clicking and we really play well? I'd say most teams. Given the way this year is, with teams missing practices and games cancelled, I am reluctant to assume that our performances or the other teams' performances are reflective of what they can be.

Edit: By way of example, Fort Hays State (D2) beat Kansas State 81-68. Any well coached team returning a lot of veteran players who have played together has a massive advantage right now.

Reaction Score
the easy victory is kentucky

the others i need to think about

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
@HuskyHawk, I agree the season will probably be a mess. There will be teams that play 10 more games than other teams. I look at Duke, Kentucky and Kansas right now and we match up with them talentwise. UConn has plenty of things they need to improve upon on both sides of the ball but we are deep and Danny's teams usually get much better as the season progresses. Many years there are 5-10 really impressive teams and I don't see that yet.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I've watched all of those teams. We could beat Duke, Kentucky, and maybe Rutgers.

Reaction Score
At the end of the season the teams likely to prevail will be the ones with the fewest pauses. Trend is not in our favor at the moment, but who can tell going forward ?

Reaction Score
maybe we can beat Creighton if they shoot 33% from 3 and 50% from the line again like they did against KU. still Creighton only lost by 1 so not sure who that says more about.
imo there's prob only 6 teams we couldnt beat on a given night even playing our best game: gonzaga, baylor, nova, iowa, msu, and illinois

Our best game now or in March?

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
IF this team reaches its potential, we can beat anyone in the country.

Reaction Score
I've watched quite a few games so far and I think the Huskies can compete with most of the teams I've watched. I think Gonzaga and Baylor are a step above everybody right now. Can anyone mention another team that they don't think we match up well against?
Teams I think we can beat include:
Duke
Kentucky
Kansas
Creighton
Rutgers
Illinois
I haven't seen Baylor yet but I think Illinois is better than everyone else.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
PeeCee is not going to be an easy game
Nova is not an easy game
IF StJohns plays their game that wont be an easy game
Creighton will be very difficult match up for UConn
and that is only a few in the NBE
Folks - there are plenty of teams that could give UConn a tough game
Maybe in March it will be different (PLEASE!!!) but not now
Lets take one game at a time

Reaction Score
Iowa killed us a few years ago, I was very impressed by them. This year would be the same, Iowa would kill us unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom