UConn versus #2 Qunnipiac on TV Tuesday Night | The Boneyard

UConn versus #2 Qunnipiac on TV Tuesday Night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.quinnipiacbobcats.com/sports/mice/2012-13/releases/20130120p352ob

QU All-Time vs. UConn: 11-10-2
Last Time...QU Faced UConn: W, 4-1 (Nov. 1, 2008 - Hamden, Conn.)
Current Quinnipiac Streak vs. UConn: Won 3

Audio: AM 1220 WQUN
Live Stats:QuinnipiacBobcats.com
Live Video:QuinnipiacBobcats.com
Quinnipiac Game Notes (PDF)
Connecticut Game Notes (PDF)

An Old Rivalry Revisited
Nationally-ranked No. 4/5 Quinnipiac men's ice hockey will host the University of Connecticut on Tuesday, Jan. 22 at 7 p.m. at High Point Solutions Arena at the TD Bank Sports Center.

On The Airwaves
Paul "The Jet" Pacelli and Todd Carroll will have the call on AM 1220 WQUN for the game on Saturday night. Bobcat fans can access the live audiostream on the web at www.WQUN.com or by clicking the "Audio" link at www.QuinnipiacBobcats.com. Audio is also available on all mobile devices/smart phones from the official Quinnipiac Athletics app, as well as Shoutcast and TuneIn Radio.

On The Tube
Bill Schweizer will have the play-by-play and will be joined alongside by color analyst Rich Coppola for Tuesday's game between the Bobcats and Huskies on WCCT-TV. Bill Mecca will provide the sideline report, right from the Bobcats' bench.
Comcast - Channel 7
AT&T UVerse - Channel 11
Dish Network, DirecTV - Channel 20

Multimedia
Live audio and statistics can be accessed by clicking the appropriate links at the Official Website of Quinnipiac Athletics, www.QuinnipiacBobcats.com.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WCCT-TV

Reaction Score
That's great to hear. I was toying with the idea of going down to Hamden. This will be a bit of a challenge for UConn though. While I'm not sold on the Q just yet, largely because I have a feeling that the ECAC is not that good this year even by ECAC standards, they are still a level above UConn. I think their biggest advantage will be seen in the speed department. To have any shot UConn needs to play great on the defensive end, get good goaltending, play disciplined hockey and hit but do so in a legal, as opposed to the stupid way they hit Mercyhurst last game. I don't know the rule, but they got 2 game misconducts last game. I think at onetime that meant you were also lost for the next contest. Don't know if it is still the rule, though or if it was a league rule so only applies in league games.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Real tough game for the Huskies. I think that Quinnipiac moved up to the #2 spot in the rankings. But maybe we can "shock the world"... ;)

EDIT: The thread obviously tells me that Quinnipiac made it up to the number 2 spot!!! My bad. I was going off of the paragraph in the OP that said they were 4th or 5th.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Heading down, should be a good time. First chance to check out Q's rink during a game.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Pretty cool that it'll be on TV... looking forward to checking it out.

Reaction Score
Pretty cool that it'll be on TV... looking forward to checking it out.
Watching game on TV right now. UConn is hanging in there even though they are getting outplayed. I think QU out shot UConn 19 - 6 in the first period. Just an observation ( and looking to see if others agree), but the QU players look much bigger than the UConn players. I think QU recruits older Canadian players, so that might be part of the reason.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
They just showed shots on goal 25-12 in favor of QU... so yeah, UConn only being down a goal is awfully reasonable.

Reaction Score
Just tied the score 1 - 1. A win or tie would be big for UConn.

Reaction Score
Also watching the game. Getting outshot but cool that we're hanging with the #2 team nationally.

QU coach just called this game UConn's Stanley Cup.......so let's go win the Cup. ;)

3rd period - here we go.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Huge penalty to kill here for UConn...

Edit: poop. :(

Reaction Score
Ugh. QU breaks the tie with 4:14 left. Too much play in UConn's zone all game.

Reaction Score
Great job by both goalies. Would have liked a victory, but a good showing against the #2 team in the country.

Reaction Score
Great game... Great crowd for a Tuesday night. Tough loss but from a media optic standpoint - will look good for UConn. A positive!

Reaction Score
Clean up those posts!!!

Anyway missed most of the game so I'm sure it was a great effort. BUT that last goal surrendered was a terrible way to lose! You've got to be on top of the guys in front late in the game in a 1-1 tie and how does that first shot get through to the front? Anyway I'm sure it was a great effort but a result they must be sick over.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
What a bullcrap hooking call! Honest to God, what a crap call. There was a REAL hooking that should have been called during our last power play that QU got away with. Complete crap.

The boys worked their tails off tonight and had a good showing. The breakaway goal by Latta was classic! In the end, the 2-1 score might have been the fair outcome, but not the way that it happened.......CRAP!!!

Reaction Score
Great game. Amazing to think the Sacred Heart crowd is louder. Might as well rename Quinnipiac the "Major Juniors".

Reaction Score
I went to the game, a couple my observations.....

My first time to Quinnipiac...Outstanding arena. Full house on a Tuesday night
QU players were HUGE and FAST
Grogan was just awesome in net....Im pretty sure Quinnipiac had 50 shots on goal. He was getting peppered all night.
and yes, their guys are much older, for example. They announced a Happy Birthday to their freshman, defenseman...Tom Hilbrich. He turned 22 today. A 22 year old freshman

Reaction Score
http://www.quinnipiacbobcats.com/sports/mice/2012-13/roster

Notice how many come from Canada. I had a QU student telling me their freshmen on the hockey team are 20 years old.

Not unlike most higher level programs:

http://www.cornellbigred.com/roster.aspx?path=mhockey&

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-hockey/mtt/mich-m-hockey-mtt.html

http://www.yalebulldogs.com/sports/m-hockey/2012-13/roster?sort=year

UConn will end up the same way or not be able to compete in Hockey East.

Were you @ game tonight? I thought it was fairly loud for a Tuesday night sell-out on th first days back from break.

Reaction Score
Yes, I was at the game. It was not loud, compared to other games I've been to. Even the people next to me were saying the same. And they are big hockey fans too.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I have to admit, that was the most I've been pumped up for a hockey game since the Whalers left town. I've been to a few UConn hockey games in recent years, but this game had a different feel to it altogether (even if I was only watching this one on tv)...

Reaction Score
Yes, I was at the game. It was not loud, compared to other games I've been to. Even the people next to me were saying the same. And they are big hockey fans too.

It's not Ingalls acoustically but from where I was standing (closed end) - it had it's moments.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
That was a great atmosphere. And yes, Ive been to Ingalls. And BU-Maine at Agganis, in the student section. So I speak from experience.

UConn did themselves incredibly proud tonight. David Berard is a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom