UConn v. Vermont (Friday 12/6/19 @ 7:05 @ XL Center & Saturday 12/7/19 @ 3:35 @ XL Center) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn v. Vermont (Friday 12/6/19 @ 7:05 @ XL Center & Saturday 12/7/19 @ 3:35 @ XL Center)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Jonny Evans with his second goal of the game to make it 6-4 UConn in the middle of the 3rd period.

Reaction Score
UConn trying to kill of a 5 minute major late in the 3rd period. So far they have killed over half of it.

Reaction Score
UConn manages to kill off the whole 5 minute major. 4.5 minutes to go in regulation.

Reaction Score
Evans picks another goal for the hat trick in the final minute. Huskies get the win and 4 points this weekend from Vermont, something they badly needed against the Hockey East cellar dwellers.

Reaction Score
Couple of hats for taking 3 from those cats. Glad evans is back

Gatcomb is getting better and better

Edit: (Evans) / Rigali is the new ronan
(All 3 are like 5’8” and just play 100%)

Great sweep. 2 in row.

Gotta be getting votes on Monday

Last edited:

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
That was satisfying. First time getting to the break over 500....ever. (since joining HE) That’s a good feeling, considering the low of the BC weekend.

Reaction Score
3 weeks off just as we’re heating up
Just what I was thinking. They have started to win the games they should be winning. Time to study hard and heal, and get stronger. But beware of that first game back.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Just what I was thinking. They have started to win the games they should be winning. Time to study hard and heal, and get stronger. But beware of that first game back.

Its on NESN, which is neat.

Great response the last two weekends.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Great response the last two weekends.
I haven't been following very closely this year. My brother went last month and was disappointed ("they suck"). What's your current take, z?

Reaction Score
They had a horrible weekend against BC since then it seems they righted the ship.
Worst case it seems uconn maine and UNH are fighting for the final 2 playoff spots, although if UConn can steal a few games from teams above them maybe they finish 6th

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I haven't been following very closely this year. My brother went last month and was disappointed ("they suck"). What's your current take, z?

Your brother wasn't wrong at the time. That BC series was as bad as it gets. They were abject.

Their defense has struggled and their PP is embarrassing. The injuries made it all worse- they lost major points producers, so it ended up making the first 2 issues stand out even more.

The break isn't necessarily at a bad time. Vomacka has been way under par and apparently he's basically gotta play every game, which is a terrible combination. Think back to when Nichols got hurt, at least he had Huska able to step in. Vomacka gets shelled by good teams and can't get a breather to just re-focus. UConn badly, BADLY, needs to get another goalie- Stone's basically a walk-on and I'm not sure what the deal is with Ryan Keane (I asked Dan Connelly on Twitter, he's plugged in). Its a bit of a bigger concern for me, this is a pattern now, where UConn gets a draft pick goalie and he is hot out of the gate, then struggles. Huska has been great in Hartford. I think Andrew Raycroft's departure was a bigger hit to the staff than we'd thought.

But they've gotten those forwards back and to be fair, had a much softer schedule. I'm optimistic they can win the Dartmouth Tournament- SLU is really terrible and Dartmouth's nothing spectacular. Confidence is a huge factor, so the last month will help them get comfortable.

I hope the Eastern European kids getting to see family for the holidays on the back of a nice winning streak really pushes them in the second half, especially Kuznetsov. Newpower, Berger, Flynn were all great this weekend. But Kuznetsov is the X factor, he's a different level of talent, if UConn can unlock it, watch out.

Maybe it all comes full circle. It turns out that BC is probably a top-5 team. It started for them with thrashing UConn around. But they're doing it to everyone!

Reaction Score
I dont understand why Cavanaugh didnt give him a breather on the Saturday game vs miami. It was a non conference game and they already won the first one.

Reaction Score
I was critical prior to this latest stretch. In fairness these were two teams at home that we “should” beat. However in past years no way we get all 4. This weekend was one in past years we would fall on our face. So I am happy about that and hope we can build on it but Vermont Is not a good team.

I have always thought there is talent and maybe we get some momentum after this run. However to be a factor at all Vomacka has to play great. And as mentioned above he has been OK at best to date.

They have to find there way into the playoff this year or it’s a total disappointment.

Reaction Score
I believe the backup Stone, was diagnosed with mono a couple of weeks ago so the only other guy is the #3 who is basically a walk-on. Don’t be shocked if somebody new shows up at the start of the 2nd half once a new semester begins.

Reaction Score
Berger really impressed me this past weekend. There is quality young talent on this team but agreed Vomacka has to play better and can probably use this time off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom