UConn v. UCF Depth Chart | The Boneyard

UConn v. UCF Depth Chart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...h_chart_event/depth_chart_20131021aaa_ucf.pdf

NHRJimFuller
10:19am via TweetDeck
Tyler Bullock listed as starting RG on#UConn's depth chart for Central Florida game

NHRJimFuller
10:25am via TweetDeck
WR Shakim Phillips back as starter, LB Graham Stewart, OG Gus Cruz, CB Taylor Mack not on #UConn depth chart

NHRJimFuller
10:27am via TweetDeck
Also Lyle McCombs listed as No. 1 punt returner ahead of Brian Lemelle for #UConn

http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2013/10/tyler-bullock-listed-as-starter.html

Reaction Score
Funny - but I just looked at that, and didn't realize until I got to Yawin Smallwood in the second column, that I was looking at this thing, 100% focused on next season.

I can do that - but I hope that everybody on the team is tunnel vision - we got to win a couple games here.

But anyway.

We're going to need maybe a miracle true freshmen, a good transfer, or for Xavier Heminway to bulk up and majorly improve by next season on the OL, and Dalton Gifford to emerge as a reliable tackle, or we're going to be limited on offense quite a bit with help blocking for the tackles. But that's actually OK - because we have a bunch of TE players that were brought in and will be taking off the red shirts next year. There will have to be a couple of good blockers out of that group to go behind McQuillian on the depth chart. We're going to be young on the OL next year, but Schafenaker is one of the most impressive recruits we've ever brought in, and Samra will have game experience, and we'll have two centers returning as seniors on the interior line (which begs to wonder - who's behind them - which if you look - we do have players behind them)

BUT _ our ENTIRE receiving group, and quarterback are returning. That's GOOD. THese guys need to put in the extra hours every week, and in the offseason.

RB's: We need somebody to emerge out that group next season. One of the two true frosh coming in, Joe Williams, if he returns from legal purgatory, the kid from Virginia that's red shirting right now. DeLorenzo, I think should be the primary back right now, and put McCombs out as the change of pace, but DeLorenzo doesn't have the speed we need.

ON to defense (this was my thought process looking at the depth chart this week, I wasn't thinking about UCF at all)

Jesse Joseph has disappeared as a force on D. Is he getting double blocked? Did he lose a step with the Achilles injury? Don't know - but he's not a factor. I wouldn't mind seeing Angelo Pruitt play more - and he'll be back next year - he tends to show up on the radar when he's on the field. Campenni is a human bowling ball in the middle, and stepped up big time this season, and will have to continue. Replacing Shamar Stephen physical, not that hard with McBryde who will be a senior next season. TIm Willman and Ruben Frank on the other side - this is where we hurtin.

Aside from Donohue, who hasn't impressed that much - the entire linebacking crew is coming back. yawin is an NFL prospect, but I don't think he'd be smart to leave early. Not after this season.

Our entire defensive secondary is coming back.

I think this can be and should be, and is a very attractive team for any coach that want's to come in, and actually looks at film on each returning player.

We are hurting on OL depth, that won't get fixed in a year, and we have some recruiting holes elsewhere (DE specifically and RB - if no one emerges from the group) but we have pieces to work with right away, and recruiting gets easier, when you are a winner and on TV.

Anyway - I'm glad we don't have bye weeks, seeing the next depth chart, makes me ready to go forward and not look back.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I liked Bullock better than Mateas last year at center, but Bullock got blown up and manhandled several times on Saturday. Hopefully it's just rust because the offense is a complete non-entity if a guard gets blown back three yards on every play.

Good to see Phillips back. Phillips and Davis are well above average as a 1-2 punch on the outsides.

Screw having a punt returner. Rush everyone, jam the outsides and just take over where ever the ball ends up coming to a stop.

Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller
12:03pm via TweetDeck
OG Gus Cruz is out for #UConn against Central Florida due to cardiac issues

DCSportsDept
12:02pm via TweetDeck
Weist says Gus Cruz is still undergoing tests for a cardiac issue. Will be a week-to-week situation. Out on Saturday.

desmondconner
12:04pm via Web
With Mack @CoachTJWeist says some nerve issue around the neck and shoulder "you don't mess with that" Weist said..#UConn

Reaction Score
EdDaigneault
1:02pm via TweetDeck
UConn CB Taylor Mack questionable for UCF, TJ Weist says. "Tried to go a little bit, couldn't really do much," Weist said.

EdDaigneault
UConn LB Graham Stewart will travel and probably play, Weist said. Remains behind Jefferson Ashiru.

NHRJimFuller
CB Taylor Mack still questionable for #UConn but sounds more like doubtful. LB Graham Stewart will travel and play vs. UCF

NHRJimFuller
1:46pm via TweetDeck
While LB Graham Stewart is expected to return to the field for #UConn, not looking good for CB Taylor Mack Post original url/17MfAki

Reaction Score
Would be nice to see Stewart finally have a healthy stretch for the rest of the year.

Reaction Score
elsctpost
11:30am via Web
LB Graham Stewart is dressed and taking part in pre-game wramups. Taylor Mack is not dressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom