UConn v. Temple Game Time/TV Announced | The Boneyard

UConn v. Temple Game Time/TV Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If they do that for Rutgers or Memphis... I might skip my first game at the Rent. This is just stupid to play these pointless games at night.

Reaction Score
If they do that for Rutgers or Memphis... I might skip my first game at the Rent. This is just stupid to play these pointless games at night.

I'm trying to figure that one out myself.. Saturday night in Philly (Eagles on bye week) - makes for a long drive home if folks don't want to stay overnight.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
That's the new definition of dedication....driving to Philly to watch bad football on a late November night.

Reaction Score
I love how UCONN tries to rationalize TV slots with ESPN3 on their schedule. It's not on TV - it's on the internet. Most if not all fans who don't post here don't watch because its not on TV. Most fans don't go out of their way to hook up their computer to the television. Most fans don't even know what ESPN3 is. Pathetic. Product on the field may suck, but UCONN can control a couple of things in terms of getting themselves out their. They signed up for this sh$tty contract and a conference game, ONCE AGAIN will be played online. Wreaks of big time atheltics, huh?

Reaction Score
That is a brutal time slot. There may not be 5k in the stands.
Damn, I didn't take that into consideration. I find those types of games/MAC/Sun Belt unwatchable. The type of game where you hear the shriek of that one annoying cheerleader all game long. Lord bless us as we go forward in this league.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I love how UCONN tries to rationalize TV slots with ESPN3 on their schedule. It's not on TV - it's on the internet. Most if not all fans who don't post here don't watch because its not on TV. Most fans don't go out of their way to hook up their computer to the television. Most fans don't even know what ESPN3 is. Pathetic. Product on the field may suck, but UCONN can control a couple of things in terms of getting themselves out their. They signed up for this sh$tty contract and a conference game, ONCE AGAIN will be played online. Wreaks of big time atheltics, huh?

And TV slots isn't one of them. Individual AD's have close to zero pull when it comes to strong arming conference commissioners and TV execs over individual game time slots.

And even if Warde did have the pull to work the strings behind the curtain, not isn't the time to waste those bullets. At least wait until the on-field product justifies actual TV broadcasts.

The fewer people that see this season's product the better.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
This means no SNY correct?

It's bad enough my friends abuse me for being a UConn football die hard and going to a bar at noon for say the UCF game.

Now at 0-8, on a Saturday night, on an awful internet stream against an equally bad opponent, how so I defend myself?!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
UConn got 30k homes in Hartford DMA for Louisville last year. Do games like this on ESPN3 even crack 10-15k total viewers?

What possible explanation can exist for a 7pm start?

Reaction Score
We're heading down. Its a great weekend in Phila. Taking the grandkids. Liberty Bell, Cheesesteak debate-Pat's or Geno's, booked a tour of the US Mint--very cool-- and going to Franklin Institute for an IMAX movie and other stuff. Oh, and a football game Sat night. What's better than that. Having a ball and supporting The Huskies.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
We're heading down. Its a great weekend in Phila. Taking the grandkids. Liberty Bell, Cheesesteak debate-Pat's or Geno's, booked a tour of the US Mint--very cool-- and going to Franklin Institute for an IMAX movie and other stuff. Oh, and a football game Sat night. What's better than that. Having a ball and supporting The Huskies.
right there with you… hitting up a pro hoops game to see how Caron is doing these days as well.

Only beef is need a second hotel night now… lord knows I will need a drink or six to be there!

:)

Reaction Score

This is the old contract. This won't happen under the new contract starting next year.

Reaction Score
This is the old contract. This won't happen under the new contract starting next year.

Thanks Mets for the info....hopefully we have several excellent "new" contracts in place as well....(like an awesome head coach and some serious JUCO recruits
and new freshmen to beef up the talent we have and is coming already committed to coming in.....).

Reaction Score
Is UCONN not worthy of playing in the light of day?
Damn, I didn't take that into consideration. I find those types of games/MAC/Sun Belt unwatchable. The type of game where you hear the shriek of that one annoying cheerleader all game long. Lord bless us as we go forward in this league.

or some drunk guy screaming YOU SUUUCCKKKKK PASQUALI!!!!!!!!!!!!! over and over.

Reaction Score
If we bomb I won't be too disappointed, but if we win our first (or only) game of the year on an internet stream it sure would suck.

Reaction Score
Not sure if this was mentioned before but you can watch these games on Xbox live. The espn app is on there and you can watch all kinds of stuff including espn3. I find it the best way to watch that channel. That being said I am pretty sure Espn has worked a deal with Bear Grylls and his new show escape from hell and the first 3 episodes will be him trying to escape from Uconn night games!!!!!!! The season finale is the Memphis game at the rent -10 wind chill at 10pm and he has to find a way to survive a 0-0 masterpiece of a game!!!!!

Reaction Score
Not sure if this was mentioned before but you can watch these games on Xbox live. The espn app is on there and you can watch all kinds of stuff including espn3. I find it the best way to watch that channel. That being said I am pretty sure Espn has worked a deal with Bear Grylls and his new show escape from hell and the first 3 episodes will be him trying to escape from Uconn night games!!!!!!! The season finale is the Memphis game at the rent -10 wind chill at 10pm and he has to find a way to survive a 0-0 masterpiece of a game!!!!!

with a special survival challenge of finding enough loose change under the blue-back seats to buy a $9 beer.

Reaction Score
LOL also he will attempt to find the 1 Memphis fan that made the trip...Also the one BC fan that bought a ticket just to show up and say how they are New England's team.

Reaction Score

Consider checking out DiNic's in Reading Terminal Market. The pork sandwich is unbelievable. It was rated as one of the top sandwiches in America by the Travel Channel.
If you are set on cheesesteaks Tony Luke's is also good and pretty close to the stadium.

And for local cheesesteaks that are just as good if not better than anything at Pat's, Geno's etc check out Philly's in Norwich- small hole in the wall joint with incredible stuff

http://www.phillysct.com/

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
god i hate espn3.

Reaction Score
This means no SNY correct?

It's bad enough my friends abuse me for being a UConn football die hard and going to a bar at noon for say the UCF game.

Now at 0-8, on a Saturday night, on an awful internet stream against an equally bad opponent, how so I defend myself?!

SNY should carry them, but no ESPN has to grab it and bury it on ESPN3 that has no following whatsoever. What a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom