UConn v. SMU Depth Chart | The Boneyard

UConn v. SMU Depth Chart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller11:47am via TweetDeck
#UConn's T.J. Weist said safety Ty-Meer Brown (shoulder) is still out and week to week but WR Deshon Foxx (shoulder) practiced yesterday

NHRJimFuller12:22pm via TweetDeck
#UConn interim coach T.J. Weist said he is planning to announce starting QB tomorrow Post original url/1fwAglv

"We are still evaluating it," Weist said on Monday's American Athletic Conference coaches' call. "We put him (Boyle) down as the starter on the depth chart yesterday. At practice yesterday we reevaluated it and will make my decision tomorrow on who I am going to go with."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I still believe part of Boyle's learning curve should be to sit him and let him get a look from the sideline after being exposed to live game speed action. There is zero harm in playing Casey and seeing what he can do. I would love for the next coach to have some film on all three guys next year assuming Chandler comes back.

Reaction Score
Here are the rules for the last few games.

No injuries. Anyone who has not seen the field yet and has a RS year available should not be used. I don't care if Jimmy Bennett has to kick extra points.

Get the younger guys some burn. Specifically I'm looking at kids like Walsh, Samra (both of whom should have been redshirted), Mikal Myers, Floyd, etc......I'm not saying start them, but they should be seeing meaningful minutes.

As far as the QB situation is concerned.....it hardly matters. It's hard for me to sit here as a Monday Morning QB and say Whitmer doesn't give us the best chance to win.

Reaction Score
I don't think playing Casey is going to matter. But he should get his shot. He's been the good soldier, not complaining about getting leaped frogged. Boyle has the true freshman, slumped shoulder thing going on right now. They need to save him from himself at this point.

Reaction Score
Get the younger guys some burn. Specifically I'm looking at kids like Walsh, Samra (both of whom should have been redshirted), Mikal Myers, Floyd, etc......I'm not saying start them, but they should be seeing meaningful minutes.

Samra and Hemingway were turnstiles on the last TD drive, if they played against the starters they would get our QB injured. Schafenacker better be the real deal otherwise next years line might be worse than this year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
WTF - Kevin Friend out w/ concussion. Gifford in his place. Good luck CC!

Reaction Score
WTF - Kevin Friend out w/ concussion. Gifford in his place. Good luck CC!

How does he keep getting concussed in practice?

At least we have the right QB for a mad rush, get the ball out quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom