UConn v. Louisville Depth Chart | The Boneyard

UConn v. Louisville Depth Chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Has Cochran been the backup in previous weeks? I had always thought it was Whitmer.

Reaction Score
“@NHRJimFuller: Casey Cochran listed as No. 2 QB ahead of former starter Chandler Whitmer on #UConn's depth chart http://Post original url/Hp30k7”

“@NHRJimFuller: Cornerback Taylor Mack (shoulder), linebacker Graham Stewart (ankle) back on two-deep chart but as backups http://Post original url/Hp3jLX”

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Can't believe that after all the poor play, there are only a few new additions to the two deep?..... It should be evaluation time, give the others a opportunity to "Sink or Swim"...

Reaction Score
If Boyle struggles I hope he has a short leash and we see more of Cochran. The team needs to figure out if Cochran can be the guy and now is the perfect time to do it.

We don't want Cochran to be another Nebrich story. (No opportunity to play here, goes to another school and lights it up)

Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller
1:16pm via TweetDeck
Taylor Mack still has to wear yellow no-contact jersey due to shoulder injury but hopes to be cleared to play for #UConn this week

NHRJimFuller
1:42pm via TweetDeck
#UConn CB Taylor Mack, who has missed last 4 games "way that the tests look and way my shoulder is now, I will be cleared to play."

Reaction Score
From JS:

* Weist said that Casey Cochran’s ascension to the No. 2 quarterback is related to a hand-injury that Chandler Whitmer suffered last week. Weist also said that he isn’t opposed to making another change at quarterback if Tim Boyle struggles. Right now, Boyle is the starter.

* G Kyle Schafenacker is off the depth chart and after seven games is likely to redshirt this year. Unless a true freshman is going to start, it’s unlikely that Weist would life the redshirt.

Reaction Score
http://snyuconn.com/uconn/football/wednesday-update-mack-to-start-brown-questionable/

>>UConn interim head coach T.J. Weist is expecting senior corner Taylor Mack, who has been out since the Michigan with a stinger, to start in the nickel package against the Cardinals. That should bolster the UConn secondary if it weren’t another injury this week.

Junior safety Ty-Meer Brown had to leave practice earlier this week after taking a hit and his status for Friday is uncertain. He is undergoing tests and Weist is optimistic he can play, but that does throw concern into the secondary, which was torched in a 66-21 to UCF two weeks ago.<<

NHRJimFuller
1:05pm via TweetDeck
#UConn's T.J. Weist said OG Gus Cruz (cardiac issues) is out this week but has not been ruled out for the season

Reaction Score
“@NHRJimFuller: No sign of S Ty-Meer Brown. When I ran into #UConn coach T.J. Weist yesterday he said Brown was not going to play today”

“@NHRJimFuller: Weist said Andrew Adams would start in Brown's place for #UConn. Could open more time for reserve S Wilbert Lee”

“@NHRJimFuller: LB Graham Steward, CB Taylor Mack, WR Shak Phillips are look like they are good to go tonight for #uconn”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate