UConn-USC Postgame Thread (The Huskies back to the Final Four!!!) | Page 12 | The Boneyard

UConn-USC Postgame Thread (The Huskies back to the Final Four!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I like our chances against Iowa. Had LSU won, I wouldn’t have had any hope of us win due to their style of play (physical) and we have a short inexperienced bench.
LSU was totally undisciplined against Iowa, appears this was a difficult group for Mulkey to manage. And, apparently they had a couple of key players less than healthy. This left Clark basically unopposed, leading to clean looks and open teammates, two of which doubled their scoring averages. This, as we can expect, will not happen against UConn, mostly due to superior coaching and team fitness. This is definitely a good match for us, looking for a win and if luck holds, a final match and retribution against NC State.

Reaction Score
Or LSU miscalculated in putting short guards like van Lith on Clark instead of someone bigger. I think you need someone bigger like Nika at a minimum to put some pressure on her. Aubrey too. I'd also love for Kia Nurse to spontaneously reappear for the Iowa game this week in a UConn uni.

Reaction Score
Express your disagreement, no need to be self righteous:) your experience is different from Paige’s , so you could very well misunderstand her. We should ask one of the reporters at next post-game to ask Paige whether she is spiritual , or / and religious.
That’s not being self righteous. Everyone has unique experiences. No comparisons of experiences here. You’re completely not understanding what is being said here. Religion and spirituality are not the same.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Well said. I was so proud of Ice for not only taking and making the shot but also for having the courage & confidence to take those long and mid range shots.
But can you imagine how this board would have reacted if Ice had taken and missed those shots, especially if UConn then went on to lose the game? Everyone would be saying that Ice needs to learn not to take dumb shots that she has never demonstrated that she can consistently make.

Basketball fans are never shy about taking advantage of 20-20 hindsight to praise a player's decision that worked out favorably, and criticize a decision that went wrong. During the regular season, Meg Culmo does this all the time -- if a 3-point attempt doesn't go in, she'll say that the player should have "run offense" instead of shooting, but if the shot goes in, she has no criticism to offer.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
But can you imagine how this board would have reacted if Ice had taken and missed those shots, especially if UConn then went on to lose the game? Everyone would be saying that Ice needs to learn not to take dumb shots that she has never demonstrated that she can consistently make.

Basketball fans are never shy about taking advantage of 20-20 hindsight to praise a player's decision that worked out favorably, and criticize a decision that went wrong. During the regular season, Meg Culmo does this all the time -- if a 3-point attempt doesn't go in, she'll say that the player should have "run offense" instead of shooting, but if the shot goes in, she has no criticism to offer.
I don’t think Ice was concerned with the BY when she knocked down those shots against USC. But the process by which she developed the confidence to take and make those shots has been a season long effort.

One of the comments that Geno made is that he wasn’t sure he would even play Ice in the USC game, because she has a tendency to get down on herself if she makes a mistake and doesn’t perform well. Hence his decision to use the uber-confident Q as his first sub off the bench.

But all the effort by Geno, the coaching staff and her teammates to infuse confidence in Ice, a player with a beautiful shooting stroke, finally paid off when she was forced into action due to foul trouble with other players. Once Ice hit the first mid-range shot off of an assist from Paige, she was on her way….catch and shoot.

The 3 she nailed from the left corner was a thing of beauty. With Nika driving across the lane, Ice moved back into the corner and set her feet. Nika fired a chest-high pass that Ice caught and shot without hesitation.

Ice is going to be a heck of a player at UConn. The more experience she gets, the more confident she will get. It’s just a matter of time.

Reaction Score
Or LSU miscalculated in putting short guards like van Lith on Clark instead of someone bigger. I think you need someone bigger like Nika at a minimum to put some pressure on her. Aubrey too. I'd also love for Kia Nurse to spontaneously reappear for the Iowa game this week in a UConn uni.
Made me smile. A big smile at the thought of her playing days at the Basketball Capital of the World!

Reaction Score
I don’t think Ice was concerned with the BY when she knocked down those shots against USC. But the process by which she developed the confidence to take and make those shots has been a season long effort.

One of the comments that Geno made is that he wasn’t sure he would even play Ice in the USC game, because she has a tendency to get down on herself if she makes a mistake and doesn’t perform well. Hence his decision to use the uber-confident Q as his first sub off the bench.

But all the effort by Geno, the coaching staff and her teammates to infuse confidence in Ice, a player with a beautiful shooting stroke, finally paid off when she was forced into action due to foul trouble with other players. Once Ice hit the first mid-range shot off of an assist from Paige, she was on her way….catch and shoot.

The 3 she nailed from the left corner was a thing of beauty. With Nika driving across the lane, Ice moved back into the corner and set her feet. Nika fired a chest-high pass that Ice caught and shot without hesitation.

Ice is going to be a heck of a player at UConn. The more experience she gets, the more confident she will get. It’s just a matter of time.
One play I noticed was on Defense/Rebounding. There was a rebound she missed and right after there was a dead-ball - could have been a foul on someone or something - but mmeodiately she spapped the floor with both of her hands - as if angere at herself for not getting thr rebound. I loved seeing that - just the emotion.

Reaction Score
Wow! Vegas has already posted the early line for UCONN/ IOWA.
Iowa is favored by 2 1/2 points. The monumental over/ under is 163 total points.
Are you betting the under??

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Was at the game and could NOT understand why they only sent van Lith at Clark. Sure, she's dogged, but she gives up 3-4inches. If I'm a coach, I switch it up, sending multiple players in different forms. Make Clarke think and adjust. Instead, team Mulkey put van Lith on an island and told Clarke "G'head. Eat her up."

Reaction Score
With Paige - especially now that she is reasonably close to 100% physically? Not unexpected in the least to me.
So, after Fudd, Caroline, Jana and Aubrey were lost for the season, you predicted the final four for this team? Well done.

Reaction Score
It is also an offensive foul.
I don't know if anyone remembers Walter Berry at St. John's, the way he'd go up with the ball in his left hand, and use his right arm to knock away all the defender's arms that were attempting to block. It was never called for some reason, clearly offensive fouling. Good playground move, though.

Reaction Score
That’s not being self righteous. Everyone has unique experiences. No comparisons of experiences here. You’re completely not understanding what is being said here. Religion and spirituality are not the same.
I know they are different hence it is not our place to say which position she was from unless you know her intimately well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom