UConn - UCLA Program Comp. | The Boneyard

UConn - UCLA Program Comp.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Ucla used to represent college basketball, Dalen Cuff on ESPNU said "Ucla fans need to level-set" presumably with their expectations. The discussion with Kevin Connors raised a number of legitimate program challenges, with a lot of finger pointing at the administration.

I believe there are similiarities between the states of our program. They are imo,
- Strong bball schools
- Chips
- Pros
- Nat'l perception of downward trend

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Pretty fair take. The term "blue blood" gets thrown around a lot, but to me, UCLA, Indiana and ourselves are a step below that distinction which if we're being honest should at this point only include Kentucky, UNC, Kansas, and Duke.

Indiana hasn't made an Elite 8 since 2002. No idea how they are always included in this conversation.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Pretty fair take. The term "blue blood" gets thrown around a lot, but to me, UCLA, Indiana and ourselves are a step below that distinction which if we're being honest should at this point only include Kentucky, UNC, Kansas, and Duke.

Indiana hasn't made an Elite 8 since 2002. No idea how they are always included in this conversation.
bluebloods? gentle readers, you decide (hint; woof!).
Has Your Favorite College Team Ever Won the NCAA Championship?
and it looks like 5 of those 2x winners did it with just one team.

Reaction Score
We are a top notch program that is a bit of a funk. I really hope this team at least makes the NIT so the kids get a little tournament experience. I know that sounds silly, but its a step in the right direction. I love the talent coming in, especially Bouknight. I stated long ago that it would take Hurley 2-3 seasons to get UConn to where its ranked regularly and squarely in the big dance. The future is bright, it is just going to take some time. Blueblood or not, its a storied program and the story is still bring written.

Reaction Score
Except that Ucla and indiana are in real conferences. A better comparison is Unlv or the university of san francisco. Seriously, the best comparison is Cincinnati. In fact that seems to be the goal ... to be as good a program as Cincinnati. And we have a long way to go.

pj

Reaction Score
Except that Ucla and indiana are in real conferences. A better comparison is Unlv or the university of san francisco. Seriously, the best comparison is Cincinnati. In fact that seems to be the goal ... to be as good a program as Cincinnati. And we have a long way to go.

Cincinnati is UConn's floor, Indiana is a good comp, UCLA is the ceiling. As a prospect, UConn is a top 10 player, with potential to move into the top 5.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom