UConn to raise ticket prices to pay for new athletic fields | The Boneyard

UConn to raise ticket prices to pay for new athletic fields

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn is planning to charge fans more for basketball and football tickets to fund the construction of new soccer, baseball and softball stadiums.

Scott Jordan, the school's chief financial officer, told trustees Wednesday that a surcharge of between $1 and $5 would be added to all athletic tickets to help raise the estimated $46 million to build the new facilities.

Read more: http://www.wfsb.com/story/31069622/...-to-pay-for-new-athletic-fields#ixzz3ySZErpBa

Reaction Score
UConn is planning to charge fans more for basketball and football tickets to fund the construction of new soccer, baseball and softball stadiums.

Scott Jordan, the school's chief financial officer, told trustees Wednesday that a surcharge of between $1 and $5 would be added to all athletic tickets to help raise the estimated $46 million to build the new facilities.

Read more: http://www.wfsb.com/story/31069622/...-to-pay-for-new-athletic-fields#ixzz3ySZErpBa
If the upgrades will get us into a P5 conf, then so be it. If not, I might cut my UCONN contribution to offset the tickets incrrease.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I understand the need to find funds to pay for things. I do believe the field upgrades are needed. Still, I also think we need to be filling venues. One dollar surcharge, or even a five dollar surcharge, isnt monumental in and of itself, but it is just further squeezing the fans.

Reaction Score
It says football and basketball, and then says ALL athletics. So, is soccer, hockey, or baseball/softball etc tickets going up? Or just football/bball.?
I wouldn't mind paying more for soccer tickets cause they're only like $6 now.
But to now have to pay more for tickets in a sport in which the venue isn't being upgraded?

So, if and when the XL or rent get upgraded, they'll just add another surcharge right? They aren't going to raise soccer, baseball/softball prices to pay for football/bball upgrades. Oh wait, yup they will.

Reaction Score
It says football and basketball, and then says ALL athletics. So, is soccer, hockey, or baseball/softball etc tickets going up? Or just football/bball.?
I wouldn't mind paying more for soccer tickets cause they're only like $6 now.
But to now have to pay more for tickets in a sport in which the venue isn't being upgraded?

So, if and when the XL or rent get upgraded, they'll just add another surcharge right? They aren't going to raise soccer, baseball/softball prices to pay for football/bball upgrades. Oh wait, yup they will.

They won't be upgrading the Rent or XL since UConn doesn't own those properties

Reaction Score
They raise ticket prices all the time. Hockey tickets are $2.00 more this year than last if I am not mistaken.

Reaction Score
Charging me more to watch Conference USA ver 2.0

Gee, thanks.

Reaction Score
They raise ticket prices all the time. Hockey tickets are $2.00 more this year than last if I am not mistaken.

Yes, but not for ST holders. Still $15/game at least for this year....
Even if rent and XL are state owned, CT residents still have to pay for the upgrades.
So, whether it be new taxes, raise tuition, or add a ticket surcharge, we'll still be paying more for tickets one way or another.

Reaction Score
I understand the need to find funds to pay for things. I do believe the field upgrades are needed. Still, I also think we need to be filling venues. One dollar surcharge, or even a five dollar surcharge, isnt monumental in and of itself, but it is just further squeezing the fans.
what was it, 9500 in attendance against Tulane at the xl? this certainly won't help.

Reaction Score
Damn, we have a hard time filling seats as it is. Raising ticket prices can't help the cause.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Sounds like they'd be hidden fees that some people wouldn't even notice, face values wouldn't be affected. The order charge will essentially go up is how I'd understand it.

Reaction Score
They won't be upgrading the Rent or XL since UConn doesn't own those properties

Don't be surprised if the city of Hartford also adds a surcharge to our XL tickets to cover the fiasco cost overages on the new baseball stadium.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Don't be surprised if the city of Hartford also adds a surcharge to our XL tickets to cover the fiasco cost overages on the new baseball stadium.

The city can't do that...it's a state building.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members