UConn to play DePaul next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
And Rutgers too, per John A's blog:

Rutgers-UConn set
Rutgers and UConn have agreed to resume their season series in a non-conference format beginning next season in Connecticut. The original plan to play next season at Madison Square Garden to Barclays Center in Brooklyn has fallen through.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Geno is doing a nice job of setting up quality OOC opponents...much needed imo.
I am not sure of the date but I think we host South Carolina on Dec. 23...2 days after the DePaul game....the first of a home/home series with the Gamecocks. Hmm...wonder if A'ja Wilson will be in the building...and if she is...what color uniform she will be wearing.

Hmmm#2: since the Nebraska coach has been incredibly gracious in her remarks
about UConn in Lincoln, maybe Geno should chat her up and arrange a home/home with Nebraska. They have recently been a solid team. I would hope that we can schedule some quality OOC games not just in November/December/January but in February as well. I know that some schools try to avoid OOC games during the conference games but I would think some would enjoy a brief respite from their conference games and play an elite OOC team for a change of pace. UConn at Nebraska next year would sell out the joint, I bet...a good opportunity for both teams to grow.

Reaction Score
Geno is doing a nice job of setting up quality OOC opponents...much needed imo

Hmmm#2: since the Nebraska coach has been incredibly gracious in her remarks
about UConn in Lincoln, maybe Geno should chat her up and arrange a home/home with Nebraska. They have recently been a solid team. I would hope that we can schedule some quality OOC games not just in November/December/January but in February as well. I know that some schools try to avoid OOC games during the conference games but I would think some would enjoy a brief respite from their conference games and play an elite OOC team for a change of pace. UConn at Nebraska next year would sell out the joint, I bet...a good opportunity for both teams to grow.
Great point. I'd like to see that happen. In think the 2015-16 OOC schedule is full, so it would have to wait until the 2016-17 season.

Reaction Score
Hmmm#2: I know that some schools try to avoid OOC games during the conference games but I would think some would enjoy a brief respite from their conference games and play an elite OOC team for a change of pace. UConn at Nebraska next year would sell out the joint, I bet...a good opportunity for both teams to grow.
Nothing like a good kicking by UCONN to humble your team and get a view on what you need to do to get ready for March. I hope they get it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom