UConn to Big XII Imminent? | The Boneyard

UConn to Big XII Imminent?

Reaction Score
Can’t verify but it’s getting lots of attention.
Several people sent me this. Click bait? Who knows. This issue seemed dormant but we know DB sees a major conf affiliation as existential and who knows what’s going on behind the scenes.

“As of August 19, 2024, it was reported that UConn was expected to join the Big 12 Conference within two weeks as part of an "imminent" realignment move. Some say that UConn's addition to the Big 12 would be beneficial because it would bring the country's top basketball program to the conference (long on Brent Yormark’s wish list) while also ending the school's football independence. UConn is considered to have one of the strongest collegiate athletic programs in the country and is also a top 20 public university.”

Attachments

• IMG_8720.jpeg
    IMG_8720.jpeg
    792.1 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Reaction Score
Several people sent me this. Click bait? Who knows. This issue seemed dormant but we know DB sees a major conf affiliation as existential and who knows what’s going on behind the scenes.

“As of August 19, 2024, it was reported that UConn was expected to join the Big 12 Conference within two weeks as part of an "imminent" realignment move. Some say that UConn's addition to the Big 12 would be beneficial because it would bring the country's top basketball program to the conference (long on Brent Yormark’s wish list) while also ending the school's football independence. UConn is considered to have one of the strongest collegiate athletic programs in the country and is also a top 20 public university.”
The fact that DB, Hurley, Geno and Mora, have all been very tight lipped about conference affiliation might mean something Is in the wind.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Source is a UConn booster. Like I posted in the conference realignment forum timing seems off. No way this happens within two weeks.

Reaction Score
I’ll believe it when I see it. BUT the huge upgrade in NIL and quality of transfers plus hiring a good d-coordinator could be a response to certain metrics the big 12 asked UConn to meet to show investment into the football team.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I’ll believe it when I see it. BUT the huge upgrade in NIL and quality of transfers plus hiring a good d-coordinator could be a response to certain metrics the big 12 asked UConn to meet to show investment into the football team.

Just like last year?

Reaction Score
Ha! Sorry about the click bait. My radar was on but my hopeful switch overwhelmed it.
My question is who was that putz trying to sell UConn. He was a marginal advocate for what he was suggesting was so imminent. He thought UConn was in the Fiesta Bowl in 2004–and seemed to be shilling for a basketball centric partner (Gonzaga) rather than a football/BBall partner). And his insane comment that partnering with Duke would make our (basketbal) fans mad because we hate Duke was juvenile, naive and not in keeping with the long term interests of our athletic program.
DB once mentioned that he saw us more likely to be a fit for a reconstituted ACC. Pitt Syr BC Duke Miami Louisville Memphis etc, etc than the Big 12–but who knows. That was right after we came so close to the Big 12 invite, only to have the PAC-12 demise snatch away our bid. There’s no question we need to save our football program and any talk that’s solely premised on BBall should be a non starter. That’s where we find ourselves now and the longer we wait the tougher it becomes.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
After the dust settles on what was certainly an underwhelming discussion, I think there is just one question here.

Why did a booster order the code red to have this put out there right now? Did they just want to see if this gins up other like reports (ie get the ball rolling in public) or something more clever like seeking to spur the ACC to step up?

Reaction Score
I'm a no body but I've been hearing rumblings past few weeks. I am highly skeptical as everyone here. More so after listening to the lockedon Big12 where he states UConn hasn't moved yet (as if it has any pull) because of Big East nostalgia. UConn was locked into the Big12 until the PAC crumbled. Thats a fact. What he is stating makes it sound like UConn was hesitant ...simply not true.

Reaction Score

While the source is really suspect, the timing is actually correct. These things usually happen right about now. I still don't give this any credibility.

Reaction Score
When talking revenue how is it our own "experts" don't understand or are confused that a subpar Syrcause etc made 10 million more in sports revenue than UConn because of P4 money? News alert Vandy and Northwestern and Rutty also made more. Is it that hard folks? What am I missing here?

Reaction Score
It would be a smart move by the B12 because it does weaken the ACC and puts the B12 in a better position to poach ACC teams in the future. Sadly, nothing happens without TV funding, they pull all of the strings, unless we go at a huge discount like SMU.

Reaction Score
It would be a smart move by the B12 because it does weaken the ACC and puts the B12 in a better position to poach ACC teams in the future. Sadly, nothing happens without TV funding, they pull all of the strings, unless we go at a huge discount like SMU.
Gotta do what you gotta do.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom