UConn to BET? | The Boneyard

UConn to BET?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Since there are now only three voting members on bball matters in the big east (us Cinci USF) do you think that we can vote ourselves back into the big east tourney this year?

Maybe we can donate all revenue generated to the sandy hook scholarship foundation? I wouldn't want to make a marketing ploy out of that of course.

D

Deleted member 3149

Since there are now only three voting members on bball matters in the big east (us Cinci USF) do you think that we can vote ourselves back into the big east tourney this year?

Maybe we can donate all revenue generated to the sandy hook scholarship foundation? I wouldn't want to make a marketing ploy out of that of course.

Probably won't happen since Warde Manuel hasn't done anything positive for the school. You think he's gonna go out of his way to get off the couch to help the program? Think again

D

Deleted member 3149

but yes, that is a really good idea. I'm praying that it happens so we can see 1 last BET before football officially ruins college basketball. That being said, the last big east game i was at was the Louisville game on the 5th day. So that's not a terrible way to end my BET memories.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
They have to be careful how they do things. The new conference won't have 7 schools that have played bb together for five years after the C7 leave. So it will have to approach the NCAA and get a waiver for an AQ starting in 2015 or sooner.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
They have to be careful how they do things. The new conference won't have 7 schools that have played bb together for five years after the C7 leave. So it will have to approach the NCAA and get a waiver for an AQ starting in 2015 or sooner.
But there is a part of me that wants to give a middle finger to the NCAA!!!

Reaction Score

Highly doubtful. What's left of the Big East has enough problems without incurring the wrath of the NCAA that would sure follow Uconn's participation in the Big East Tourney.

Reaction Score
Highly doubtful. What's left of the Big East has enough problems without incurring the wrath of the NCAA that would sure follow Uconn's participation in the Big East Tourney.

Not every conference has the same policy.

By the way, this policy was instituted last May when it was clear Uconn would be banned.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The C7 really owes us us. Letting us in the BET is the least they could do.

Reaction Score
The C7 really owes us us. Letting us in the BET is the least they could do.

They don't have a vote in this matter.

Once you leave, you can't vote to rescind.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Not every conference has the same policy.

By the way, this policy was instituted last May when it was clear Uconn would be banned.

Right NCAA doesn't care. League just forfeits an auto-bid if we win. SH already said she was working on convincing the league to let us play. That may have just gotten easier.

Reaction Score
I mean if I was the Big East, it doesn't seem correct that the only team that didn't screw the conference over is still getting screwed by the conference.

The only reason we didn't screw the conference is because no one wanted us. We tried our best to screw them.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The only reason we didn't screw the conference is because no one wanted us. We tried our best to screw them.

Not really, we didn't start looking to move until things were already screwed.

Reaction Score

We openly campaigned to leave the conference, we are no better then Lville, Cincy or the Catholic 7.

If the ACC or Big 10 came to us with Pitt's, Cuse's or Rutty's invite we would have taken it in a second.

There is no reason to pretend we are the loyal ones in the Big East and they should be accommodating to us, we're not here because we want to be, we're here because we have no other options.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I gotta admit, with all the crazy conference and media talk, I first thought that Black Entertainment Television was going to be showing our games. My bad.

I can see how you got there. Based on the progress in our TV negotiations or lack thereof and Boise possibly backing out we may be on BET. I'll take it though. As long as we don't become history channel. Fah-k!

Reaction Score
OK ... just put us in the Bracket. If its just Cincy &USF voting, one of those will say YES. Enough of worrying what the frig the C-7 or the NCAA or ESPN or William Rhoden or Dick Weiss think. We got the votes.

Reaction Score
Actually, while the C7 have announced they are leaving, it is my understanding that at this point, they still have full voting rights. Not only that, but untill the new full members come on this summer, they still have the option of disolving the conference. If that happens, it isn't good for the football schools for a few reasons; The automatic BCS bid is gone, as are the TV contracts. Also, all money in the Big East coffers, gets split evenly 10 ways after the expenses are paid. This pretty much gives them some prtetty heavy leverage right now to get things resolved. I think this may be the last year the whole thing holds together.

Reaction Score
It's sad to think that we might miss the very last BET ever held. I'd like to think the other conference teams would recognize the significance of that. There is no mystery that UConn was trying to get out of Dodge at some point. The other Big East schools do not owe us anything. Any program that does not see themselves getting an at large bid is probably not going to want to see UConn in the field with an opportunity to knock them out of the chance of getting the automatic bid. Thinking about this further, any bubble team that thinks they might need a BET win or two won't want us there.

I'd like to think that those who vote (is it the school prez's or ADs?) would consider the big picture, but I think the current climate in the BE is to make sure they get a spot on the life boat and let the others go down with the sinking ship.

Reaction Score
We have no idea when we started to look to move. For all we know Uconn may have been one of the first to lobby other conferences.

Reaction Score
We have no idea when we started to look to move. For all we know Uconn may have been one of the first to lobby other conferences.
It doesn't really matter when. Everyone knows that UConn wanted the invitation that UL just got. Each program is looking out for themselves now. Each C-7 school made a decision what was best for them. If they could have screwed one of them to perserve their own ass, they would have done so. They just felt it was in their best interest to band together and break off from the rest. Who can blame them?

Why would any of these programs begin to think differently when it comes to the BET? They won't! I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom