UConn the cool program | The Boneyard

UConn the cool program

Reaction Score
Didn't know where to post this thought so I started a thread.

It was always UNC or Kentucky or Duke but I really do think we're now already or about to become the cool program nationally. We have the cool/fun celebrity connections right now popping up on TV screens around the nation, we have the Hurley family basketball dynasty story. We play a really fun brand of basketball. Our coach is showing off his personality during the run and in all his interviews and it's now undeniable we're a blue blood. Heady times for UConn basketball.

@husky429

Reaction Score

It was always UNC or Kentucky or Duke but I really do think we're now already or about to become the cool program nationally. We have the cool/fun celebrity connections right now popping up on TV screens around the nation, we have the Hurley family basketball dynasty story. We play a really fun brand of basketball. Our coach is showing off his personality during the run and in all his interviews and it's now undeniable we're a blue blood. Heady times for UConn basketball.

@husky429

Forgot one other cool thing@superjohn.. The cool Boneyard..LOL

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I don't know much about NIL or social media influencers, but we would be insane not to exploit the D'amelio Family Husky NIL thing. He has a twitter presence, but it's dwarfed by his kids. Get them in UConn gear, pushing NIL merch to their followers, etc.

Reaction Score

@husky429

Connections for sure. Newton-Jones Murray- Murray, Hurley Fam Hawkins-angel

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I’ve never seen the media go out of there way to talk about us like this.

On the flight back from Houston I was watching First Take and The Herd. Both shows talked about how we’ve won more than everyone else since 99 and how we’re a stamped blue blood top 4 possibly, definitely 5 program.

Seems like we might start getting treated like a Duke, UNC, Kentucky after this. Stephen A even put us above Kentucky as a program.

Reaction Score
I think the media adoration is a testament to how this team played. Easy path or not, we simply were dominant. We played beautiful team basketball on both ends of the floor. I also feel that the Hurley basketball dynasty dynamic with Danny being the underdog serves us well. Having Bob Sr and Jr there supporting all the way, coupled w Bill Murray on the side. What’s not to love?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

On the flight back from Houston I was watching First Take and The Herd. Both shows talked about how we’ve won more than everyone else since 99 and how we’re a stamped blue blood top 4 possibly, definitely 5 program.

Seems like we might start getting treated like a Duke, UNC, Kentucky after this. Stephen A even put us above Kentucky as a program.
I think the media adoration is a testament to how this team played. Easy path or not, we simply were dominant. We played beautiful team basketball on both ends of the floor. I also feel that the Hurley basketball dynasty dynamic with Danny being the underdog serves us well. Having Bob Sr and Jr there supporting all the way, coupled w Bill Murray on the side. What’s not to love?

Eventually talking points and reality intersect and the narrative needs modifications.

The five championships over 24 years, done with 3 different coaches and done in different environments (Straight from HS to the NBA, one and done, NIL, etc......) all show UConn has a PROGRAM with staying power. Talking heads can't have the conversations about elite programs without including UConn.

pj

Reaction Score

We're firmly in the top 6 all-time now with Duke, UNC, Kentucky, Kansas, UCLA. Not long ago there were articles putting schools like Indiana, Syracuse, Michigan State, Louisville, Villanova ahead of us, based on historical wins or giving weight to sweet sixteens/elite eights/final fours. Those claims won't be made any more, or will get laughed out.

Hopefully Hurley can keep winning and moving us up the all-time lists!

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Being cool looses its appeal when the masses figure it out.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
We're firmly in the top 6 all-time now with Duke, UNC, Kentucky, Kansas, UCLA. Not long ago there were articles putting schools like Indiana, Syracuse, Michigan State, Louisville, Villanova ahead of us, based on historical wins or giving weight to sweet sixteens/elite eights/final fours. Those claims won't be made any more, or will get laughed out.

Hopefully Hurley can keep winning and moving us up the all-time lists!
UCLA, Kansas, and Kentucky would only be ahead of us historically as well. Even then we still have more championships than Kansas.

Jim may be looked at in Dean Smith territory if we keep this up for how he built a program to last like this. The way everyone old and new came together for this win was nothing short of special.

Reaction Score
Another cool thing.. Danny ran the table on Pitino/Bennett/Musselman/Few/Larranaga/Dutcher... Some of the best coaches in D-1 CBB.. As Bob Sr said.. "Dan is a clever guy."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom