UConn @ Tenn | The Boneyard

UConn @ Tenn

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I just bought tickets for the game at Tennssee. It's almost a sell out already. Surrounded by Tennessee fanatics I'll feel like the French at Dien Bien Phu but hopefully with a different result
Do you plan to “showcase” your loyalty by wearing UConn gear to the game? :eek: I certainly hope you’re smiling, grinning, and in an upbeat mood when you exit the arena after the game. ;)

Last edited:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I just bought tickets for the game at Tennssee. It's almost a sell out already. Surrounded by Tennessee fanatics I'll feel like the French at Dien Bien Phu but hopefully with a different result
To be clear, the LVs block off the 300 seating level at TBA. Those seats are available for men's basketball games but not for the women's games. So not a sell-out when you consider the capacity of TBA (21k +). There was a time when the 300 level seats were sold out for UConn v Tenn.

Reaction Score
Do you plan to “showcase” your loyalty by wearing UConn gear to the game? :eek: If so, why? I certainly hope you’re smiling, grinning, and in an upbeat mood when you exit the arena after the game.;)
Well, I would. We had 20 year season tickets in the bleacher creature section of NYY. It can't be any worse than an opposing fan sitting there...can it??

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I watched the UTenn game the other night.
With their star center out, the team looked much better.
If they weren't actually running stuff on offense (the common analysis),
their improvisation and basketball savvy seemed much
more effective.

They are not going to be a pushover.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
LadyVol has won 3 in a row by large margins...now 7-5.
All wins against mediocre or poor opponents...all losses against good [or better than good]
teams. Stanford comes to Knoxville on Sunday at 3:00...I'm sure it is on one of the espn channels.
Our game against Florida State is on espn at 1:00.

Should LadyVol upset Stanford that might well turn their season around. My guess is that the only team
in the SEC that out-talents LadyVol is South Carolina.

Carnac

Reaction Score
I know the way I looked at people in orange last year at Gampel. I suggest going in and out quietly .
I’d take it a step further and not wear any UConn gear. You could run into some overzealous fan(s), and that “chance”incounter could lead to an altercation. It’s understood that Tennessee fans hate Geno, UConn, and its fans. No other school hates us more than they do. :mad:

I could attend a UConn game there without flying my colors and enjoy a win just as much. You could tell I was a UConn fan as I exited the arena because I’d be lauging and grinning like Batman’s Joker!! :D

Reaction Score
I’d take it a step further and not wear any UConn gear. You could run into some overzealous fan(s), and that “chance”incounter could lead to an altercation. It’s understood that Tennessee fans hate Geno, UConn, and its fans. No other school hates us more than they do. :mad:

I could attend a UConn game there without flying my colors and enjoy a win just as much. You could tell I was a UConn fan as I exited the arena because I’d be lauging and grinning like Batman’s Joker!! :D
I saw many Vol fans at the Final Four many years ago (last one we were both at I believe). They seemed like good people… no issues.

Carnac

Reaction Score
I watched the UTenn game the other night.
With their star center out, the team looked much better.
If they weren't actually running stuff on offense (the common analysis),
their improvisation and basketball savvy seemed much
more effective.

They are not going to be a pushover.
That means that their 6'6" post player Tamari Key was not an "impact" player if she's out for the season with blood clot challenges and they look/run better without her. :confused: I didn't see the game. I thought they would miss her. Aparently not.

1671231350301.png

Carnac

Reaction Score
Hey Hedge, how about a first hand report of the game afterwards?

Carnac

Reaction Score
All wins against mediocre or poor opponents...all losses against good [or better than good]
teams. Stanford comes to Knoxville on Sunday at 3:00...I'm sure it is on one of the espn channels.

Should LadyVol upset Stanford that might well turn their season around. My guess is that the only team
As Cat said, the game is in Palo Alto. Stanford is NOT going to lose that game. Maples Pavilion is one of the hardest arenas to play in (and win) if you're the visiting team. Just like Gampel and Colonial Life Arena (South Carolina).

Carnac

Reaction Score
I stand corrected UConnCat...at Stanford on ABC at 3:00 our time...noon local.
The upset chances just went considerably down.
Yeah....way down!!! ;)

Reaction Score

LSU...even with their ridiculously weak OOC schedule. But lots of talent.

Reaction Score
All of this pontificating about Uconn and Tenn. is not valid. I expect a win at this time but it will be a battle and close. If we had Paige,Azzi and Caroline at full strength it would be a cakewalk. With Nika and Dorka back our team is in much better shape to handle Tenn. It will be a battle and the best team will win. HUSKIES!! GO HUSKIES!!!

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
LSU...even with their ridiculously weak OOC schedule. But lots of talent.
Besides Angel Reese I would not say they have a lot of talent as Morris has been a tad disappointing this year. Who would really know though as their closest game was 63-58 vs. the 193RD SE Louisiana AT HOME.

Reaction Score
I went to the last DT game at Tenn…sat with Tenn fans without issue…
I believe that I have been to every UConn Tennessee game in Knoxville, and have always worn UConn gear. I have never had a problem. The only exception was one year I had a sign that security made me dispose of, while several Tennessee fans around me had signs, that were are not required to dispose of. However, that was no fault of the fan base. We southerners are civilized.

Reaction Score
That means that their 6'6" post player Tamari Key was not an "impact" player if she's out for the season with blood clot challenges and they look/run better without her. :confused: I didn't see the game. I thought they would miss her. Aparently not.
If you are to believe the Lady Vol message board, it is addition by subtraction. The consensus seems to be with them not forcing the ball into the post their offense was much more fluid. I believe they only had six turnovers in the previous game.

Carnac

Reaction Score
All of this pontificating about Uconn and Tenn. is not valid. I expect a win at this time but it will be a battle and close. If we had Paige,Azzi and Caroline at full strength it would be a cakewalk. With Nika and Dorka back our team is in much better shape to handle Tenn. It will be a battle and the best team will win. HUSKIES!! GO HUSKIES!!!
If none of our players had gone down, we'd be 9-0 instead of 7-2. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom