Uconn Teams Have Struggled in Nov & Dec | The Boneyard

Uconn Teams Have Struggled in Nov & Dec

Reaction Score
I think we have all seen this team struggle a bit more than expected the first four games of the season. I am personally not worried as we should have expected struggles with so any players coming back from injury and serious time off and new/different players getting integrated into the rotation. The lack of offensive chemistry is obvious but not concerning yet.

That being said, I am wondering if people can recall other UConn teams that have struggled out of the gate early in the season but steadily improved until they were very good in March?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I think we have all seen this team struggle a bit more than expected the first four games of the season. I am personally not worried as we should have expected struggles with so any players coming back from injury and serious time off and new/different players getting integrated into the rotation. The lack of offensive chemistry is obvious but not concerning yet.

That being said, I am wondering if people can recall other UConn teams that have struggled out of the gate early in the season but steadily improved until they were very good in March?
The first one I can think of was the 2014-15 season where they lost at Stanford in the second game of the season, then went on a 36-0 run for the Championship.

Reaction Score
Just review the schedule. It. Is front-loaded with ranked teams while only two ranked teams South Carolina and Notre Dame are scheduled in the second half of the season. Accordingly, UConn will be tested early on.

Reaction Score
It could have been a false impression, and I am far from an expert, but I thought the team did better when someone other than Bueckers was on point. It also seemed to me that in the first half, Brady provided some good minutes when once again, Edwards seemed to be mentally absent for a period of time. It is concerning to me not because it's early and the team chemistry hasn't come together yet, but because some of the very players who should be leading the "coming together" by example don't seem to be doing so.

Reaction Score
It could have been a false impression, and I am far from an expert, but I thought the team did better when someone other than Bueckers was on point. It also seemed to me that in the first half, Brady provided some good minutes when once again, Edwards seemed to be mentally absent for a period of time. It is concerning to me not because it's early and the team chemistry hasn't come together yet, but because some of the very players who should be leading the "coming together" by example don't seem to be doing so.
GA has to play Bueckers on the ball because she's the only kid who can threaten the defense with dribble drive penetration and pullups plus the others can't get her the ball coming off screens in the halfcourt.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom