UCONN TARGETS (Geno tracker) | The Boneyard

UCONN TARGETS (Geno tracker)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
That was a little creepy with a camera trained on him for a long time during a time out.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Dangerfield and McCoy playing?

McCoy didn't play in that tournament. I mentioned this in another thread. The other uncommitted, big name prospect in the above game is Stephanie Jones, a 6-2 wing out of Maryland.

There are links on the right to other games with UConn targets:

Cox = Texas United
Durr = Georgia Pistols
Ogunbowale = North Tartan
Boykin and Megan Walker = Boo Williams
Ionescu = Cal Stars

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
no, but if you hum a few bars.....:p

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Geno Auriemma ‏@genoauriemma 2m
Stay tuned for my list of the 5 players I saw the past 7 days that I have zero interest in recruiting.... #whatajoke
You know, I love Geno to pieces, but that is the kind of crap he has no business saying in a public forum. Keep your snarky negative opinions to yourself, Geno, and stick to positive things on kids you have 100% interest in recruiting. Seriously - I'm surprised that kind of junk is coming out of his mouth. :mad:

Reaction Score
You know, I love Geno to pieces, but that is the kind of crap he has no business saying in a public forum. Keep your snarky negative opinions to yourself, Geno, and stick to positive things on kids you have 100% interest in recruiting. Seriously - I'm surprised that kind of junk is coming out of his mouth. :mad:
Well, that is your opinion and you are entitled to it but I think we all know that saying about opinions and what they are like.

Reaction Score

From what I can discern as Geno's view of himself and his role in WCBB, I suspect Geno was sending a far bigger message to ALL of the HS players. As far as I'm aware, Geno did not actually give a list of names. So the message quite possibly could be a little less self and a whole lot more team. In that context, it was not junk coming from his mouth - but rather positive "molding" of many young women far beyond any which he is recruiting to come to UCONN.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
"Players have press conferences to "announce " which schools they are considering . . ."

I do believe that he might be sending a message. I think some of these kids just don't get it. Or it might just be frustration at having to spend much of his summer dealing with a bunch of overly self important teenage girls with a LeBron James complex.

In any case, unless he puts out a list of names it's no big deal. If he does put out a list of names - also no big deal since he has no interest in recruiting them.

Reaction Score
Did anyone notice that while Geno was fiddling with his phone in the video (OP link), Shea had TWO phones working?

Reaction Score
"Players have press conferences to "announce " which schools they are considering . . ."

I do believe that he might be sending a message. I think some of these kids just don't get it. Or it might just be frustration at having to spend much of his summer dealing with a bunch of overly self important teenage girls with a LeBron James complex.

In any case, unless he puts out a list of names it's no big deal. If he does put out a list of names - also no big deal since he has no interest in recruiting them.

I believe it may be a subliminal tweet. When inquiring about a certain player and what schools she's considering, the response from the coach was she will announce her list after July. Several coaches were amused.

G

genosguy

Geno Auriemma ‏@genoauriemma 2m
Stay tuned for my list of the 5 players I saw the past 7 days that I have zero interest in recruiting.... #whatajoke
What a Joke was dumping crap on Geno. Geno knows there isn't enough space on the internet for him to display his list of players he's not interested in. Uconn's team interest is: Talent, Team player, Co operative, have good to big ego, can be coached (even while being screamed at in practice ONLY), gets along with the team on and off court, Catholic schools seem to have the IN. Geno is not beyond tweeking (not tweeting) everyone about recruiting---not the easiest job in basketball---kid egos, parent ego, fans , grandma, my kids has more talent that everyone elses--etc

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Until I actually see a list of players that Geno isn't interested in recruiting...I'm just going to chalk his tweet up to Geno's Philadelphia-styled snarky way of telling young HS recruits to get over themselves. After all he is right players don't need press conferences to announce what schools they are interested in...that just reeks of self-centeredness the exact same quality that Geno is least interested in seeing in a player.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
After all he is right players don't need press conferences to announce what schools they are interested in..

Problem is I don't think that's ever happened. And his tweets came just after Ogunbowale's which makes it seem like he's irritated with her, and perhaps Wilson? for agreeing to let ESPN film her verbal declaration at her high school. That's speculation of course, but his tweets were so cryptic and lacking context that it's hard to address them directly. That's certainly how most people are taking them, however. Even some of the Milwaukee press has picked up on them and are assuming they're directed at Ogunbowale. She re-tweeted one of their tweets so she also knows what Geno sent out.

G

genosguy

Problem is I don't think that's ever happened. And his tweets came just after Ogunbowale's which makes it seem like he's irritated with her, and perhaps Wilson? for agreeing to let ESPN film her verbal declaration at her high school. That's speculation of course, but his tweets were so cryptic and lacking context that it's hard to address them directly. That's certainly how most people are taking them, however. Even some of the Milwaukee press has picked up on them and are assuming they're directed at Ogunbowale. She re-tweeted one of their tweets so she also knows what Geno sent out.
It is in the interest of MILWAUKEE to say that Geno pointed the comment at Ogunbowale---they don't want her to go to Uconn.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
It is in the interest of MILWAUKEE to say that Geno pointed the comment at Ogunbowale---they don't want her to go to Uconn.

She made it clear in her tweet that she isn't going to UConn. That was off the table prior to Geno's tweets and the reactions to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom