UCONN Target Mikayla Coombs Update | The Boneyard

UCONN Target Mikayla Coombs Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Good to hear we are getting a visit. I think I remember someone on here mentioning that Coombs and Walker were the last 2 the coaches were looking at for 2017.

2018 has quite a few talented post players and Christyn Williams.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
A bit more on Coombs from Fuller:

The rising senior guard out of the Wesleyan School in Norcross, Georgia is trying to set up an official visit to UConn and there is a little bit of time next month for her to make it up to Storrs. There's a slight problem, however.

"I have been talking to Coach Auriemma," Coombs said after Friday's afternoon session at the U.S. U-17 trials in Colorado Springs. "There is a weekend that we are trying to get but if I make this team then I can't go because it is will be hectic but if I make the team, I think I'll be able to go. I think it will be mid-June but I don't know the date yet."

Auriemma has made multiple visits to see Coombs play which has certainly made an impression on her.

"It means a lot to me because I know how busy he is and especially in one of my games, he flew into Atlanta and had to drive an hour and a half to Milledgeville, Georgia just to watch me play," Coombs said. "Having him do that stuff, it has an impact on me."

The New Haven Register Blogs: Elm City to Eagleville: UConn recruitiing target Mikayla Coombs making up for lost time

Reaction Score
"It means a lot to me because I know how busy he is and especially in one of my games, he flew into Atlanta and had to drive an hour and a half to Milledgeville, Georgia just to watch me play," Coombs said. "Having him do that stuff, it has an impact on me."
I sometimes shoot at the basket outside my house and live even less than an hour and a half from Storrs, but Geno's never driven to see me. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom