Uconn still amongst the best programs of all time as of 2016 | The Boneyard

Uconn still amongst the best programs of all time as of 2016

Reaction Score
At least according to this article. Gotta keep it up though! But as of 2016, Uconn was a top 5 program since 1985 (ooops, missed that detail). I do not doubt it. By anyone's standards they are top 10.

Ranking the Best NCAA Programs, 2016 Edition

"A lot of people are probably keen on placing UConn into the Blue Bloods category, and I can understand the argument. Right now, the Huskies are in no man's land, separating themselves from the Elites but not making up enough ground to quite bridge the gap. It really boils down to how often they miss the tournament altogether; they boom & bust more than anybody else in the Blue Blood discussion. From 2010-2015, they won 2 NCs and missed the tourney 3 times, that's about the highest delta in the field. Michigan State has a well-deserved reputation in March, but their ranking lags due to their performance (or lack thereof) prior to Tom Izzo running the program. If you started counting in 1995, Michigan State is sitting right next to Kansas in total points. Every team in this group has some sort of minor ding against it that keeps it from making the leap to the highest tier, but they're still near the top of the D1 pyramid."

No, they are not a blueblood, but as of now, they are still an elite program. One can hope they pick it up soon, asap really, as in, 2017. Otherwise, in a few years, going on like this, they will start to fall off the map.

Reaction Score
After all those data points, id still much rather be Uconn than Kansas in that particular time frame. In 5 trips to the final 4 we won 4 titles. I can't even count how many tournaments they choked their way out of. Hell they even choked one away to Syrexcuse.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
After all those data points, id still much rather be Uconn than Kansas in that particular time frame. In 5 trips to the final 4 we won 4 titles. I can't even count how many tournaments they choked their way out of. Hell they even choked one away to Syrexcuse.

There are people on this board who would much rather be Kansas. It's mind-boggling.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If you take away everyone's ultimate goal to start a season, I guess I'd rather be Kansas.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Take the 4 titles every day of the week, because as a fan that's the ultimate measure of a season.

However, as a measure of a program, Kansas is on a totally different level than almost anyone else. 13 straight Big XII regular season titles? Insane.

Reaction Score
Nah, I would still rather have 4 titles and 5 final fours and however many Big east regular season titles uconn has had since 1985 than kansas and their 13 straight and however many total they have with their fewer titles since 85, which I think is just 2.

I prefer to be in Uconn´s boat...although these past few years have been sad.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
20 years - Since 1996 UConn is the BEST program in both men and women's basketball based on the only thing that counts - NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
Both separately as programs and combined
This argument cannot be broken/rebuked/disproven

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
20 years - Since 1996 UConn is the BEST program in both men and women's basketball based on the only thing that counts - NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
Both separately as programs and combined
This argument cannot be broken/rebuked/disproven

And we have more combined NCAA titles than any other school in the country, making Storrs the Capital of CBB no idle boast.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom