UConn stats...things I have never seen before.. | The Boneyard

UConn stats...things I have never seen before..

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Katie Lou vs SMU.jpeg

That SMU victory for UConn was one strange game. There were more than a couple of stats that I have never seen before at a Huskies game. For example, I've never seen an opponent score only 1 point in a whole period. One free throw. That was SMU's total output in the 2nd period. :eek:

Here are some others:
1. Never seen a 43-0 run by one team, much less by a team that was losing 12-6. ;)
2. Never seen a team shoot 2-12 to start the game, then shoot 3-24 to finish it and still win by 44 points.
3. Never seen Crystal go scoreless when starting. In her defense, she is still hurt and had 5 assists and 0 turnovers.
4. Never seen Azura rebound with such power and ferocity..!! She looked like meyers7 going after the rib plate at Bokamper's..! :cool:
5. Never seen UConn score only 7 points in a period on 3 baskets.
6. Never seen an opponent make only 5 baskets in the 1st half against UConn. Every starter had exactly one each.
7. Never seen UConn miss 46 shots and win by 44 points.
8. Never seen two teams play Follow the Leader during a game. (see photo above). :p

There were, however, many stats typical for UConn. They included Katie Lou leading the team in scoring w/ 23 points, Z with a double-double of 14 & 14, the Huskies with 27 assists on 31 baskets, four players in double figures for scoring and, unfortunately, the bench (minus Z) playing 59 minutes and scoring only 9 points. :(

Next up is Senior Night for Kia and Gabby on Monday versus USF..!!
Go Huskies..!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Excluding Z and Meg, I believe the bench shot 1-13. That reallly affected the MOV and overall shooting percentage.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
View attachment 28880

That SMU victory for UConn was one strange game. There were more than a couple of stats that I have never seen before at a Huskies game. For example, I've never seen an opponent score only 1 point in a whole period. One free throw. That was SMU's total output in the 2nd period. :eek:

Here are some others:
1. Never seen a 43-0 run by one team, much less by a team that was losing 12-6. ;)
2. Never seen a team shoot 2-12 to start the game, then shoot 3-24 to finish it and still win by 44 points.
3. Never seen Crystal go scoreless when starting. In her defense, she is still hurt and had 5 assists and 0 turnovers.
4. Never seen Azura rebound with such power and ferocity..!! She looked like meyers7 going after the rib plate at Bokamper's..! :cool:
6. Never seen an opponent make only 5 baskets in the 1st half against UConn. Every starter had exactly one each.
8. Never seen two teams play Follow the Leader during a game. (see photo above). :p

There were, however, many stats typical for UConn. They included Katie Lou leading the team in scoring w/ 23 points, Z with a double-double of 14 & 14, the Huskies with 27 assists on 31 baskets, four players in double figures for scoring and, unfortunately, the bench (minus Z) playing 59 minutes and scoring only 9 points. :(

Go Huskies..!!
Good post. Meyers 7 and the ribs at Bokamper's made me chuckle, and made me hungry. A twofer!

Reaction Score
View attachment 28880

Here are some others:

Go Huskies..!!
27 assists on 31 baskets is unreal! Good on UCONN.

Reaction Score
Excluding Z and Meg, I believe the bench shot 1-13. That reallly affected the MOV and overall shooting percentage.
I think the bench ( not including Walker and "Z" ) is pretty terrifying. Kyla did hit a three, but missed the barn on every other shot....many of which were " gimmies." Molly is a liability on offense. She has open shots and opportunities to drive to the hoop but, because of her personal terror of being accused of selfishness, passes off and, in the process, turns the ball over or at best gives UCONN its second best shot. Camara Batouly looked just awful. I am trying to be generous, but there is no other way to describe it. She missed lay-ups, free throws, rebounds and turned the ball over. And, she is slow. It is impossible to believe she was once considered a " force" at Kentucky. Mykala has fallen to the last player off the bench. And my prediction still holds; she will not make a three point shot at UCONN. When she flings the ball from below her waist, there is no possibility of it going into the " round thing" ( Geno's phrase ). Lexi is looking a tiny bit improved. But we may all safely conclude that we have a 7 player team, when the bell rings. Not so bad, really.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
View attachment 28880

NC State only scored 1 point in the 1st quarter against Louisville in January.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Thanks David, I look forward to your posts.

the bench (minus Z) playing 59 minutes and scoring only 9 points. :(
Yeah, no need to asked Geno to give them more minutes. Yikes! Ono and Williams better be really good!

6. Never seen an opponent make only 5 baskets in the 1st half against UConn. Every starter had exactly one each. Ah! Balanced team scoring! This is good! :oops:

Go Huskies..!!

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
View attachment 28880

Here are some others:

Go Huskies..!!
Loved the post and would add a few post game mutterings and musings of my own:

1-Travis Mays looked snazzy in a bow tie for his team's Senior Day.
2-Speaking of fashion, can't say I'm a big fan of the SMU "diaper" shorts nor can I imagine CD allowing UConn players to dress that way. Not a good look, SMU.
3-If there's anyone who still doesn't believe that staunch defense creates offensive opportunities, I urge them to watch the final 15 minutes of the first half.
4-Sure hope those folks who vote for All-America teams took notice that once again Kia Nurse took on a team's top perimeter scorer and neutralized her. If defense counts as much as offense, Kia should be an All-American.
5-The essence of UConn basketball is right there on the stat sheet: 27 assists on 31 baskets.
6-Reprieve! As many predicted, it appears Megan Walker's exile lasted until the next practice.
7-If your head is a basketball and BatCam wants it, you're Ichabod Crane.
8-It was cruel that Lexi couldn't get a friendly roll at least once, Saturday.
9-Simply can't imagine a pair more deserving of Senior Night praise and adulation than the tenacious and determined duo of Kia Nurse and Gabby Williams. Much gratitude from San Diego.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom