UConn stats..strange, weird and similar.. :) | The Boneyard

UConn stats..strange, weird and similar.. :)

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Gabby vs Tulane.jpeg

Sometimes, UConn's statistics are strange, weird and oddly similar. For example, 18 games into the season, Gabby and Napheesa have the same rebound totals. Not just overall, but the exact number of offensive boards (46) and exactly the same defensive rebounds (102). What are the odds? How about that Gabby has 92 baskets and 92 assists..! :D Kia actually has 73 baskets and 71 assists, but would have 73 if Collier hadn't missed those two "in close" lay-ups. :p Instead, there is that odd fact that Kia and Pheesa have both made 52 free throws and Gabby has 52 steals. Or, that Pheesa averages 29 minutes per game playing time and has 29 blocked shots.

How about that UConn has made 143 three point shots and Napheesa has 143 baskets..? Just so weird... :) Did you know Katie Lou has made 46% of the Huskies' three point attempts and shoots 46% on her threes? Crystal has 34 baskets, Kia has 34 turnovers and Pheesa has 34 steals. As a team, UConn averages 13 turnovers per game, Saniya has 13 turnovers, Natalie has made 13 free throws and Kyla & Molly have combined for 13 baskets. While all those 13s are a bit scary, I guess it all balances out.

Natalie has appeared in all 18 UConn games and averages 18 minutes per game. She also has 18 blocked shots and 18 more turnovers than steals. In addition, Nat has 0 three point attempts, 0 games where she has started and 0 games where she has fouled out. ;) Finally, it should be noted UConn has made 573 baskets and Katie Lou has played 573 minutes. Husky opponents have made 393 baskets and Katie has 395 points. Oh well, close enough... :cool:

Go Huskies..!!

P.S. - Gabby is seriously ripped..! Just saying...:eek:

Last edited:

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Or that Kia wears the same number (11) as the amount of games left in the regular season...;)
Not for much longer, then it will be Bent

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Should also add that Kia needs 12, Gabby 131 and Lou 197 points to reach 1,000. All doable this season.
That would be about 7 games for Lou at her recent pace.

Reaction Score
We'd have to bring in color and spin, which should be easy. Dangerfield does the spin, and Meghan the color.
What about charm? I suppose Geno for the charm, wouldn't you think? ;)

Reaction Score
Well, providing you can trust anything about the "official" stats, it IS very close between Phee and Gabby's rebound totals. Adding up the individual totals from the stats published for each game, Napheesa has 148 and Gabby 147. Where and when the so-called official games to date totals got off is unknown, but it does make one question how skilled the people running these stats are.

Reaction Score
View attachment 18991

Sometimes, UConn's statistics are strange, weird and oddly similar. For example, 18 games into the season, Gabby and Napheesa have the same rebound totals. Not just overall, but the exact number of offensive boards (46) and exactly the same defensive rebounds (102). What are the odds? How about that Gabby has 92 baskets and 92 assists..! :D Kia actually has 73 baskets and 71 assists, but would have 73 if Collier hadn't missed those two "in close" lay-ups. :p Instead, there is that odd fact that Kia and Pheesa have both made 52 free throws and Gabby has 52 steals. Or, that Pheesa averages 29 minutes per game playing time and has 29 blocked shots.

How about that UConn has made 143 three point shots and Napheesa has 143 baskets..? Just so weird... :) Did you know Katie Lou has made 46% of the Huskies' three point attempts and shoots 46% on her threes? Crystal has 34 baskets, Kia has 34 turnovers and Pheesa has 34 steals. As a team, UConn averages 13 turnovers per game, Saniya has 13 turnovers, Natalie has made 13 free throws and Kyla & Molly have combined for 13 baskets. While all those 13s are a bit scary, I guess it all balances out.

Natalie has appeared in all 18 UConn games and averages 18 minutes per game. She also has 18 blocked shots and 18 more turnovers than steals. In addition, Nat has 0 three point attempts, 0 games where she has started and 0 games where she has fouled out. ;) Finally, it should be noted UConn has made 573 baskets and Katie Lou has played 573 minutes. Husky opponents have made 393 baskets and Katie has 395 points. Oh well, close enough... :cool:

Go Huskies..!!

P.S. - Gabby is seriously ripped..! Just saying...:eek:
I read your post David, and all I could think of was the movie "Rain Man". It also reminded me of a T-shirt I saw recently that said, "I am CDO, (that's like OCD, except the letters are alphabetical like they are supposed to be)."

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Too bad they are going to screw all this up by playing tonite!;)

Seriously, great post DavidinNaples, enjoyed it very much!

And wishing I was in Naples.................

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom