UConn stats...strange & fun stats from last season... | The Boneyard

UConn stats...strange & fun stats from last season...

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
It is summer and I'm bored, so here is one last look at last season's weird (hopefully interesting) stats. For example, Paige (heavy sigh) had 68 total rebounds, but only 1 was offensive. :cool:
Here are more stats that might make you stop and wonder:

1. Nika had the oddest stats of any player. In 717 minutes she took only 9 free throws. Even stranger, she made only 2 (22.2%). :eek:
2. Olivia led the Huskies with 246 rebounds and 55 blocked shots. Not weird for the tallest player. BUT, she also led the team with 116 assists. Odd for a "big."
3. Azzi Fudd is a fabulous shooter. Her 43% from three range (58-135) and 91.2% from the charity stripe is pure Azzi. But, how about the 17 blocked shots. That equals Dorka, beats Caroline (15) and is one behind Aaliyah (18).
4. Christyn started 33 games, averaged 33 minutes per game and shot 33% from 3 point range. She also made 50 threes and 50 free throws and was one short of 50 steals.
5. Evina did a lot of everything for the team. She was 2nd in scoring at 323 points, 2nd in assists with 113 and 2nd in minutes played with 989. (She was 1st in steals with 50.)
6. Back to Nika. The Croatian wonder managed to grab 100 rebounds despite her diminutive stature. ;)
7. Christyn led in scoring with 468 points and Evina was 2nd at 323. WHo was 3rd? Three players were 3rd with 303 points each. (Azzi, Caroline and Olivia)
8. Only 2 players appeared in all 36 UConn games. Evina and Aaliyah. Nobody started all 36, but 9 different players started at least 11 games each.
9. Aaliyah shot a respectable 74% from the free throw line (37-50). She had 74 offensive rebounds, 74 turnovers and averaged 7.4 ppg.
10. Despite all their injuries, the Huskies managed to win 15 games in a row to play the Championship game. Overall, a great, odd, wacky and rollercoaster season.

Enjoy your summer..!!
Go Huskies..!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It is summer and I'm bored, so here is one last look at last season's weird (hopefully interesting) stats. For example, Paige (heavy sigh) had 68 total rebounds, but only 1 was offensive. :cool:
Here are more stats that might make you stop and wonder:

1. Nika had the oddest stats of any player. In 717 minutes she took only 9 free throws. Even stranger, she made only 2 (22.2%). :eek:
2. Olivia led the Huskies with 246 rebounds and 55 blocked shots. Not weird for the tallest player. BUT, she also led the team with 116 assists. Odd for a "big."
3. Azzi Fudd is a fabulous shooter. Her 43% from three range (58-135) and 91.2% from the charity stripe is pure Azzi. But, how about the 17 blocked shots. That equals Dorka, beats Caroline (15) and is one behind Aaliyah (18).
4. Christyn started 33 games, averaged 33 minutes per game and shot 33% from 3 point range. She also made 50 threes and 50 free throws and was one short of 50 steals.
5. Evina did a lot of everything for the team. She was 2nd in scoring at 323 points, 2nd in assists with 113 and 2nd in minutes played with 989. (She was 1st in steals with 50.)
6. Back to Nika. The Croatian wonder managed to grab 100 rebounds despite her diminutive stature. ;)
7. Christyn led in scoring with 468 points and Evina was 2nd at 323. WHo was 3rd? Three players were 3rd with 303 points each. (Azzi, Caroline and Olivia)
8. Only 2 players appeared in all 36 UConn games. Evina and Aaliyah. Nobody started all 36, but 9 different players started at least 11 games each.
9. Aaliyah shot a respectable 74% from the free throw line (37-50). She had 74 offensive rebounds, 74 turnovers and averaged 7.4 ppg.
10. Despite all their injuries, the Huskies managed to win 15 games in a row to play the Championship game. Overall, a great, odd, wacky and rollercoaster season.

Enjoy your summer..!!
Go Huskies..!!
Another odd (albeit totally off topic) stat: For the very first time ever, I gave a post a "like" before I even read it. What's more, I did it on purpose. That's how certain I was I would like it. You didn't disappoint.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Another odd (albeit totally off topic) stat: For the very first time ever, I gave a post a "like" before I even read it. What's more, I did it on purpose. That's how certain I was I would like it. You didn't disappoint.
Guess you could not call that discerning, but perhaps divining! :cool:

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Being someone who is never statistically satisfied, I have a question, aka request to D-in-N for a little more research: Who led the team in assist-to-turnover ratio, and who was the worst? I'm going to guess that Paige was best, but I will bet that Liv was in the conversation because I don't remember a lot of turnovers by her.

Let me add that I am astonished that Azzi had that many blocks, considering her limited minutes, especially when her block total is comparable to players like Aaliyah and Dorka who played almost every game, and are a whole lot bigger.

I have always thought that Nika's rebounding (considering her size and position) is exceptional. To all of those who complain about her offensive skills, I think that is a big and "tangible" reason why she should play a lot of minutes next year. I hope she will be the starting point guard in November.

Which brings up another question, aka request for research: Who led the team in steals per minute played? My guess is that Nika would dominate the other guards in that category, but that Caroline might give her some competition.

Reaction Score
Let me add that I am astonished that Azzi had that many blocks, considering her limited minutes, especially when her block total is comparable to players like Aaliyah and Dorka who played almost every game, and are a whole lot bigger.
I was surprised the most by that stat as well! I definitely noticed how good Azzi was at rotating over on defense to create turnovers but 17 blocks is WOW.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Being someone who is never statistically satisfied, I have a question, aka request to D-in-N for a little more research: Who led the team in assist-to-turnover ratio, and who was the worst? I'm going to guess that Paige was best, but I will bet that Liv was in the conversation because I don't remember a lot of turnovers by her.
Bueckers - 2.31
Westbrook - 1.74
Muhl - 1.71
Deberry - 1.71
ONO - 1.63
Juhasz - 1.38
Williams - 1.36
Fudd - 0.96
Ducharme - 0.80
Edwards - 0.69
Gabriel - 0.23

Team - 1.28

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score

I have always thought that Nika's rebounding (considering her size and position) is exceptional. To all of those who complain about her offensive skills, I think that is a big and "tangible" reason why she should play a lot of minutes next year. I hope she will be the starting point guard in November.

Which brings up another question, aka request for research: Who led the team in steals per minute played? My guess is that Nika would dominate the other guards in that category, but that Caroline might give her some competition.
Joe,
Good questions. Here is the assist/turnover ratio for the players, ranked by best to worse...
Paige = 2.31
Evina = 1.74
Nika = 1.71
Olivia = 1.63
Dorka = 1.38
Christyn = 1.36
Azzi = 0.96
Caroline = 0.80
Aaliyah = 0.69

Your guess on steals per minute is spot on. Nika wins by a mile.
Nika = steal every 14.63 minutes played
Evina = steal every 19.84 minutes played
Paige = steal every 19.84 minutes played
Olivia = steal every 22.00 minutes played
Aaliyah = steal every 22.45 minutes played
Christyn = steal every 22.77 minutes played.

Go Huskies..!!
Edit - Damn that meyers7 is fast..!!

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

23260590.jpg

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Joe,
Good questions. Here is the assist/turnover ratio for the players, ranked by best to worse...
Paige = 2.31
Evina = 1.74
Nika = 1.71
Olivia = 1.63
Dorka = 1.38
Christyn = 1.36
Azzi = 0.96
Caroline = 0.80
Aaliyah = 0.69

Your guess on steals per minute is spot on. Nika wins by a mile.
Nika = steal every 14.63 minutes played
Evina = steal every 19.84 minutes played
Paige = steal every 19.84 minutes played
Olivia = steal every 22.00 minutes played
Aaliyah = steal every 22.45 minutes played
Christyn = steal every 22.77 minutes played.

Go Huskies..!!
I always appreciate the work you do.

i have a request, but would not blame you to tell me “do it yourself!” ( I won’t, but would not blame you for telling me that.

I would like to know how Muhl’s steals per minute compares with some our greatest thieves. Jefferson, Sales and Rizzotti immediately come to mind.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score

Questions like these are easily answered by the Per-40 spreadsheet. Raw totals, percentages, per-40-minute rates, and per-game averages are available either for the whole season or for any number of games chosen individually, by opponent, or by venue. Double-clicking on the totals line for any player brings up the stats for each chosen game.

David peers deeper into the concidences and correlations, but the more direct stuff is all laid out for you in the spreadsheet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom