UConn stats.... Paige scoring, how high can she go? | The Boneyard

UConn stats.... Paige scoring, how high can she go?

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Despite playing the equivalent of only 2 1/2 seasons at UConn, Paige has managed to score 1,683 points, good for 20th place all-time. Last year, Paige played in all 39 Huskies' games, for the first time. She missed all of the 2022-23 season and saw action in only 17 games in 2021-22. Her freshman season, Paige was in 29 of 30 games in a Covid shortened season.

Scoring 1,683 points in 85 total games gives her an average of 19.8 points per game. Last season was the highest for her in total points with 854. That was an average of 21.9 per game. That one season was also 51% of her three year total. So where can a healthy Paige finish her career relative to UConn's all-time best scorers?

Here is a breakdown of points needed to reach 15th place, 10th place or 5th place.
  • To get to 15th place (now held by Aaliyah Edwards) Paige would need to score 178 points.
  • To reach 10th place (now held by Kara Wolters) Paige would need to score 458 points.
  • To reach 5th place (now held by Katie Lou) Paige would need to score 659 points.
  • Reaching even higher is possible. 663 points reaches Tina in 4th, 718 gets past Pheesa in 3rd, and Stewie is 2nd 993 points away.
  • Ain't nobody passing Maya in 1st with her 3,036 points.

Good luck to Paige..!! Stay healthy and have fun..!
Go Huskies..!!

Reaction Score
I’d say she can crack 3rd. She totaled around 850 points last season, and I’d say she can get around the same next season. Impossible to pass Stewie if we stick to the 30-32 games played per season thing with an average of 20 PPG.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
While she may have multiple 30+ pt games this season I'd put her at 17pts/gm for the season. I don't buy her "look more for my shot" comments a couple weeks ago. There are three other elite 3pt shooters, Fudd, Ziebell and Strong, with Ducharme & Cheli on the outstanding list. I expect that both Shade and Arnold will improve their 3pt shooting. And when a starter sits there are outstanding scorers coming in. Bueckers will find the best shot for the team and that will usually be someone else because she will be the primary target of the defense.

There have been seasons when Bueckers needed to do more offensively. This will not be one of them.

Reaction Score
While she may have multiple 30+ pt games this season I'd put her at 17pts/gm for the season. I don't buy her "look more for my shot" comments a couple weeks ago. There are three other elite 3pt shooters, Fudd, Ziebell and Strong, with Ducharme & Cheli on the outstanding list. I expect that both Shade and Arnold will improve their 3pt shooting. And when a starter sits there are outstanding scorers coming in. Bueckers will find the best shot for the team and that will usually be someone else because she will be the primary target of the defense.

There have been seasons when Bueckers needed to do more offensively. This will not be one of them.
I agree 100%!! No need for Paige to be out there hunting for her shots scoring 25-30 a night. We have too many other options out there.

Reaction Score
Paige should see little playing time in the 4th. Should be a lotta blowouts. No need to risk a career over stats
I think all the scouts and real fans know she is the number one pick. She was the number 1 TEAM PICK last year in my book.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackruy1

Top Bottom