UConn stats....Olivia had an odd career night...! | The Boneyard

UConn stats....Olivia had an odd career night...!

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Olivia oklahoma.jpg

Olivia Nelson-Ododa had an odd night in UConn's defeat of Oklahoma on Sunday. Liv dominated at both ends of the court at the Huskies “3rd "home”, the Mohegan Sun Arena. Geno missing from the UConn bench was strange enough, but then things really got odd. Consider:

1. Olivia played 37 minutes and scored 27 points. (career high)
2. She made 13 baskets and 1 of her 3 free throws.
3. Liv grabbed 15 rebounds and controlled the lane.
4. ONO dished out 3 assists and even had 1 steal.
5. Olivia blocked 7 shots and helped hold Oklahoma to 27% shooting.
6. The other four starters scored 3, 11, 17 and 19 points.
7. The final score was 97-53.

Olivia is fast becoming the dominant force in the lane that UConn needs to succeed. Her stats may have been "odd", but Liv is getting better than even Huskies' fans thought she'd be as a sophomore. ;)

Go Huskies..!!
Happy Holidays..!!

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I want to bring attention to the leap Liv has made in the first 10 games of the season. She has taken ownership of her role as the starting post player on the team and embraced it.

I expect her to become more comfortable and confident in the next 10 games, as she encounters some top 10 competition, and shows even more growth and development. Liv is becoming the player we all hoped she would.

Several players have said (and Geno has corroborated it) that they know they can gamble a little more on defense knowing that Liv is behind them if they get beat. She’s aggressive, demands her space on the block on offense, and controls her area of the paint on defense. She’ll be even better 2 months from now.

I’m predicting right now that based on her upward trajectory, she will have not one but two 20 rebound games over the next 2 months. You heard it here first.

Query - Is the plaque Liv is holding in the photo above perhaps in reference to being named the MVP of the showcase? The game announcers made no mention of it, and there was no mention of it in any post game media articles I've seen. :eek:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think before we all jump up and down joyfully, we should wait til we see how she plays against a couple of ranked teams.. let’s see how she fares against a couple of star players

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom