UConn stats... Oklahoma game was weird & wonderful... | The Boneyard

UConn stats... Oklahoma game was weird & wonderful...

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Geno 1,000.jpeg

Geno's 1,000th victory is in the record books, but not before 40 minutes of weird and wonderful basketball. For example, when was the last time Katie Lou missed 75% of her free throws? :eek: Not to worry, she ended up with 19 points..! Here are the weird stats, followed by many we have come to expect:

Weird
1. Crystal had 4 turnovers and just 1 assist.
2. As mentioned, KLS missed 3 of 4 free throws & Pheesa missed 2 of 4.
3. On the other hand, Azura shot 50% from three range (1-2).
4. Gabby scored just 3 points on 5 shots, but led the team with 10 rebounds and 8 assists.
5. Oklahoma's Maddie Manning had 15 points in the 1st half and couldn't miss. She had 0 points in the 2nd half.
6. UConn lost the battle in steals (4 to 5) and blocks (4 to 5).
7. As a team, the Huskies made only 60% from the charity stripe.
8. In the first 6 minutes of the 3rd period, UConn scored 3 points.

Wonderful
1. Azura and Napheesa dominated in the paint, hitting 7-8 and 8-11 respectively. :D
2. Balanced scoring by the Huskies with 21 (Collier), 20 (Azura), 19 (KLS) and 17 (Nurse). :p
3. UConn had 23 assists on 34 baskets.
4. For a change, the Huskies outscored their opponent in every quarter. ;)
5. Five UConn players made a three-point basket and the team made 42% (11-26).
6. Gabby Ortiz, for Oklahoma, had only 9 points on 9 shots until the last 3 seconds of the game.
7. UConn forced 16 turnovers, grabbed 34 defensive rebounds and held Oklahoma to 7 three-point baskets.
8. And finally, Geno (and CD) won their 1,000 victory..!! :)

A 24 point win against a fired-up Oklahoma is wonderful. Some of the play may have been odd, but the Huskies continue to play team ball, spread the scoring among several players and most importantly, respond to adversity when everything isn't going 100% their way. The season is still in December & that effort is will pay dividends in March..!

Go Huskies..!!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Well done but I would move Azure's 3pt shots from weird to wonderful. It was in effect the dagger and if she can make 1 or 2 a game, she can be even more dangerous in drives to the basket.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think the game showed the players were out of synch due to the break for finals, but they put together enough good stretches.

One stat I liked was winning every quarter. I’ve done the math, and, if we win every quarter of every game, I like our chances. :D

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I think the game showed the players were out of synch due to the break for finals, but they put together enough good stretches.

One stat I liked was winning every quarter. I’ve done the math, and, if we win every quarter of every game, I like our chances. :D
Are you sure about that last sentence? Every game? That's all right.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
David—“Weird and wonderful.” Do people say that about you too, my friend? ;)

I get at least the first half of that.

Reaction Score

I'd like to hear from the math genius, DavidinNaples on that conclusion. Seems a stretch to me but if Dave says its a go then I am okay with it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom