UConn statistics for your Cal pre-game meal.... | The Boneyard

UConn statistics for your Cal pre-game meal....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
With an 11-0 record and the California game on tap for today at 1:30, here's some interesting, but useless, UConn statistics for your pre-game meal.

1. MoJeff and Stewie have played exactly same number of minutes this season (312).

2. Bria Hartley has 60 assists and only 15 turnovers in 342 minutes of play. Her assist/turnover ratio is an amazing 4 to 1. She turns the ball over once every 22.8 minutes.

3. Stef Dolson is averaging a double-double in points (14.5) and rebounds (10) per game.

4. Stewie will do something positive (score a point, block a shot, steal, assist or rebound) every 51 seconds she is in the game.

5. UConn has more made 3's (84) than opponents have made free throws (64).

6. Kiah Stokes, Brianna Banks and Saniya Chong have played 683 minutes this season. That is 31% of the team total. They have 222 points and only 30 turnovers.

7. UConn is shooting 52% from the field, the opposition only 32%.

8. Brianna Banks has the same number of made 3's (11) as turnovers and the same number of steals (12) as personal fouls.

9. UConn has scored 956 points in 11 games or 87 pts/game. Opponents just 48.7 per game.

10. UConn has 245 assists on 366 baskets or 67%. Opponents have just 106 assists.

Go Huskies...!!

Edit - Word is 1 pm for pre-game analysis. Also, ESPN not ESPN 2.

Last edited:

HGN

Reaction Score
With an 11-0 record and the California game on tap for today at 1:30, here's some interesting, but useless, UConn statistics for your pre-game meal.

1. MoJeff and Stewie have played exactly same number of minutes this season (312).

2. Bria Hartley has 60 assists and only 15 turnovers in 342 minutes of play. Her assist/turnover ratio is an amazing 4 to 1. She turns the ball over once every 22.8 minutes.

3. Stef Dolson is averaging a double-double in points (14.5) and rebounds (10) per game.

4. Stewie will do something positive (score a point, block a shot, steal, assist or rebound) every 51 seconds she is in the game.

5. UConn has more made 3's (84) than opponents have made free throws (64).

6. Kiah Stokes, Brianna Banks and Saniya Chong have played 683 minutes this season. That is 31% of the team total. They have 222 points and only 30 turnovers.

7. UConn is shooting 52% from the field, the opposition only 32%.

8. Brianna Banks has the same number of made 3's (11) as turnovers and the same number of steals (12) as personal fouls.

9. UConn has scored 956 points in 11 games or 87 pts/game. Opponents just 48.7 per game.

10. UConn has 245 assists on 366 baskets or 67%. Opponents have just 106 assists.

Go Huskies...!!
David, I beg to differ with your assessment that those stats are useless.....They are smile generators. I smiled when I read how well these Huskies are playing early in this season. I smiled to think how well the entire team , from top to bottom, is performing on both ends of the court. I smiled to think how well we should be playing in late February and March.

Then I smiled to think how big my smile was going to be if we could win another NC.:D:D

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
FWIW, since the first game starts at 11, and there's usually a Maggie tribute (breaks my heart every time), the second game won't start until 1:30...ish.

U!C!O!N!N! UConn! UConn! UConn!

Ah, the perfect cheer -- those were the (other message board) days....

Reaction Score
And it all adds up to +38.2 scoring margin and a 11 - 0 record and the number one team in the country!

How late did you stay up.....? :)

Thanks David!

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
7 of the 11 games were on UConn's home courts and the game at Springfield would have been a home game if anyone had been there. It is well known that the official scorers at UConn home games are notoriously pro UConn and write down pro UConn stats no matter what happens on the court.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
7 of the 11 games were on UConn's home courts and the game at Springfield would have been a home game if anyone had been there. It is well known that the official scorers at UConn home games are notoriously pro UConn and write down pro UConn stats no matter what happens on the court.

What are you, a LV or Duke fan? Just 'cause the ball doesn't go all the way in doesn't mean it shouldn't count. And at UConn home games, the guy who passed the ball to the guy who passed the ball also gets an assist. Our court, our rules..!! :)

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
What are you, a LV or Duke fan? Just 'cause the ball doesn't go all the way in doesn't mean it shouldn't count. And at UConn home games, the guy who passed the ball to the guy who passed the ball also gets an assist. Our court, our rules..!! :)
I'm both. That's why I only post on the Boneyard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom