Uconn Starters for Tomorrow | The Boneyard

Uconn Starters for Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
It seems Enoch is out of position at the 4. Then again, Jackson and to a lesser extent Facey are as well.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
The prospect of playing SE and Brimah at the 4 and 5 may have the potential to work well for us. It would be like an all offense and all defense yin and yang. The only problem this could potentially pose is the likely early foul trouble. We lack depth and if these two foul machines get a couple early ones, which lets be real they wear UConn on the chest so they won't get the benefit of the doubt, we'd be in trouble.

Reaction Score
Pg Jalen
Sg CV
SF RP
PF SE
C AB
I think Purvis needs to come off the bench. He's too inconsistent and Uconn can't start every game down 15 before he decides he'll have an impact.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
I think we have to start Adams, CV, Purvis, Jackson and Brimah. The zone will crush us if we don't have a skilled player in the middle of the zone (Vance).

Reaction Score
LOL, I really don't see the love affair with SE with some posters on this forum. He may be our worst big defensively, which his offense doesn't make up for. But tbh his offense is below average as well. Sure he has better "moves" than brimah and facey but in the grand scheme its still not good. I am not a fan of this line up.

The obvious answer for me would be start Jackson at the four and let him flash to the free throw line and make plays (shoot a short jumper)

This line up by KO is EXTREMELY troubling

Reaction Score
LOL, I really don't see the love affair with SE with some posters on this forum. He may be our worst big defensively, which his offense doesn't make up for. But tbh his offense is below average as well. Sure he has better "moves" than brimah and facey but in the grand scheme its still not good. I am not a fan of this line up.

The obvious answer for me would be start Jackson at the four and let him flash to the free throw line and make plays (shoot a short jumper)

This line up by KO is EXTREMELY troubling
can't get too crazy about rotations, there is no bench. dont you think its smart to keep a non big off the bench like vj? if he starts vj , his bench is enoch facey and durham

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think the key is a bit of a short or at least shorter leash. IF RP misfires to start the game, give him a blow. Same with Enoch and Brimah. Produce or go to bench and get have the assistants instruct and then get them back in.

I can see that Enoch's short jumper may help us to generate points. Give it and shot then change things up with Jackson.

Reaction Score
Guys -- Jackson can't give us many minutes at the 4, because when he's playing the 4 or on the bench, none of Adams, Purvis or Vitale can get a rest or be in foul trouble.

So if he only has 8 minutes a game, at most, to give us at the 4, do you want to use them at the beginning or have those minutes available for crunch time?

Reaction Score
can't get too crazy about rotations, there is no bench. dont you think its smart to keep a non big off the bench like vj? if he starts vj , his bench is enoch facey and durham

I do agree with you, but we've had terrible starts to every game this season, due to the lack of spacing because of this 2 big line up. I say start VJ and give him the quick yank around the 16 min or 15 min mark bring facey in, and then let VJ run with the second unit. This way maybe our offense comes out of the gate with a with a chance to put points on the board.

Reaction Score
Guys -- Jackson can't give us many minutes at the 4, because when he's playing the 4 or on the bench, none of Adams, Purvis or Vitale can get a rest or be in foul trouble.

So if he only has 8 minutes a game, at most, to give us at the 4, do you want to use them at the beginning or have those minutes available for crunch time?

You make an excellent point, which is a very tough decision for a coach. I would really like for us to start vance at the 4 for offensive purposes. The addition of enoch to the starting line up is no good against a good cuse zone. Since hes come to storrs ive seen no evidence of him being able to really hit that foul line jumper at the Division 1 level, like was shown on his highschool highlight and FIBA tournament. Dont think he has the vision either to pass the ball when catches at the free throw line in the zone (A major key to busting open zone as well as shooting), I think VJ has these abilities.

Reaction Score
He could stagger Vance , start him
Then yank purvis or vital in 4 minutes or so. Slow starts are indeed a problem . That's what happens when you attempt to play inside out vs a zone posting up inept bigs.

Reaction Score
Nice but we aren't we jeopardizing our foul insurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom