UConn Stanford A Look Back

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
interesting history between these 2 programs

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
That's a fascinating article. Lots of fascinating history there, covering each and every game between UConn and Stanford.

Trivia question for those who haven't read the article yet: Do you remember when UConn and Stanford first played each other?

Reaction Score
Would that be 95 final four when uconn whoooed on Stanford and had a collection of nykesha sales type players?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In that Paradise Jam game, we led by 58-34 in the middle of the second half. Stanford rallied to make the score respectable. Unfortunately, at the end of the season without the injured Kalana and Mel, we came up short.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Would that be 95 final four when uconn whoooed on Stanford and had a collection of nykesha sales type players?

Off by two years. Article says it was the first ever sellout at Gampel.

Reaction Score
In that Paradise Jam game, we led by 58-34 in the middle of the second half. Stanford rallied to make the score respectable. Unfortunately, at the end of the season without the injured Kalana and Mel, we came up short.
I was there. Had a great time in ST. Was assuming they would be pretty much fully recovered from the hurricane by next Thanksgiving when UConn is scheduled to play there. But I got and e-mail from Bolongo Bay Beach Resort (where we stayed - partly because they have an on-site diving operator) saying they'll be shut down until further notice. Sounded really bad - not confident the island will recover in time. Anyone have any further insight regarding 11/18?

Reaction Score
When I told a friend (who doesn't follow WCBB) about the game against Stanford on Sunday, he said: "who cares? teams lose games early in the season. doesn't mean anything by the end of the season." I just sort of looked away....

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
Lengthy reprise.

UConn vs. Stanford: Memorable History

The whole enchilada.
Living on the left coast, I’ve seen more UConn losses than victories in person ( hope to change that stat this year) so is remember the Stanford losses vividly, but there is no feeling quite as nice as walking out of Pauley Pavillion and seeing so many sad Stanford fans.

Hope they resume the home on home series going forward. I really enjoyed it.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Living on the left coast, I’ve seen more UConn losses than victories in person ( hope to change that stat this year) so is remember the Stanford losses vividly, but there is no feeling quite as nice as walking out of Pauley Pavillion and seeing so many sad Stanford fans.

Hope they resume the home on home series going forward. I really enjoyed it.
You mean Maples? ;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I was there. Had a great time in ST. Was assuming they would be pretty much fully recovered from the hurricane by next Thanksgiving when UConn is scheduled to play there. But I got and e-mail from Bolongo Bay Beach Resort (where we stayed - partly because they have an on-site diving operator) saying they'll be shut down until further notice. Sounded really bad - not confident the island will recover in time. Anyone have any further insight regarding 11/18?
Some places in St. Martin hope to open by June. I hope the V.I. makes good progress. That would be an appealing event.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom