UConn staff and High School Coaches | The Boneyard

UConn staff and High School Coaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
http://blogs.courant.com/uconn_football/2011/12/uconn-coaches-supporting-ct-hi.html

Saw it in the news forum, figured I'd repost it. It's from Dez

UConn head coach Paul Pasqualoni along with offensive coordinator George DeLeone, offensive line coach Mike Foley, special teams coach Clayton White, receivers coach and recruiting coordinator Matt Cersosimo and defensive coordinator Don Brown are all expected to be at Rentschler Field today checking out the state high school championship games while supporting Connecticut high school efforts overall.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I like it. Support CT hs football AND publicize it too.

Reaction Score
Seems like good news that Coach Foley is there.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
newsome went off! he is th next rb from the state we need to keep home. ansonia rolls to the ship...

hope P is checking out the xavier TE as well as Boyle.

Reaction Score
Can Ansonia please assign an academic person to ensure Newsome has the correct # of credits, etc.... Let's not wait unti his Senior spring to learn he's a class short. His grades and SAT may be great, I don't know, but we usually run into some type of academic issues w/ the AHS kids we go after.

He seems to be a "must get" player.

Reaction Score
I'm sure Coach P was planning on attending the HS games today anhow, but he'll be paying particular attention to one player on the Hand Tigers. His nephew plays offensive line for Hand.

Reaction Score
Newsome carried 42 times for 364 yards, 3TDs. In the process he broke the state single season rushing record (3763 yards) and became the leading rusher in the nation according to MaxPreps stats.

Reaction Score
Can Ansonia please assign an academic person to ensure Newsome has the correct # of credits, etc.... Let's not wait unti his Senior spring to learn he's a class short. His grades and SAT may be great, I don't know, but we usually run into some type of academic issues w/ the AHS kids we go after.

He seems to be a "must get" player.
No reflection on Newsome mind you, but do you want us to pin his mittens on his jacket in case of snow too?

Reaction Score
Newsome carried 42 times for 364 yards, 3TDs. In the process he broke the state single season rushing record (3763 yards) and became the leading rusher in the nation according to MaxPreps stats.
Those results skewed by a 95, a 50, and another 25+ yd carry. Missed part of the game, and as they didn't do replays on-line, it was difficult to watch closely. A handful of his carries were for losses. I'm sure he's a very good HS player, but he's only a soph. Need to see if he continues getting faster, etc., before offering. He had the benefit of a big strong o-line.

Reaction Score
Those results skewed by a 95, a 50, and another 25+ yd carry. Missed part of the game, and as they didn't do replays on-line, it was difficult to watch closely. A handful of his carries were for losses. I'm sure he's a very good HS player, but he's only a soph. Need to see if he continues getting faster, etc., before offering. He had the benefit of a big strong o-line.

A 364 yard game is "skewed" by some long runs? You need to regain some grip on reality.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

lol what a joke this is.

i heard at ansonia that each time you have a negative run, they take away one credit from your report card.

Reaction Score

So I guess the press report that said, when the defense took a good angle on him he just accelerated, was wrong.

So I guess 39 carries for roughly 200 yds is not good enough hey?

The kid weighs 150 lbs right now as a sophmore. Yeah he's JUST a sophmore but apparently juniors and seniors from top teams struggle to tackle him. The crap about the OL is just that..crap. While they may be good he beats them to the outside (the OL) more times than not.

The kid is going to probably destroy the state rushing records.

Here's hoping he has learned that the books are just as important as FB.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
His 360 yards aren't legit because his long runs skews the numbers, Andre Drummond dunks too much too.

Reaction Score
A 364 yard game is "skewed" by some long runs? You need to regain some grip on reality.
If you didn't watch the game, maybe you should before you spout that nonsense. Take away 3 runs and it's 39 carries for about 180 yards. Ansonia doesn't take its foot off the gas. He played the entire game. It was a mismatch, but most of his runs were only 4-5 yards behind a big o-line. I'm not ready to anoint him the savior of UConn football yet.... but I'm hopeful.

Reaction Score
Could someone please explain to this guy that when Donald Brown, Andre Dixon and Jordan Todman had big games that they usually had 2-3 big runs in each of their games that "skewed" their numbers as well.

It's extremely rare for a RB to have 30 carries for 210 yds for a 7 yd average without multiple big runs.

I thought everyone new that.

Reaction Score
Looking at it another way, if the end zone didn't keep getting in his way he could have had 1,000+ yards.

Reaction Score
Could someone please explain to this guy that when Donald Brown, Andre Dixon and Jordan Todman had big games that they usually had 2-3 big runs in each of their games that "skewed" their numbers as well.

It's extremely rare for a RB to have 30 carries for 210 yds for a 7 yd average without multiple big runs.

I thought everyone new that.
OK, I take it back. We should offer him tonight. Happy?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
we should have offered him 2 months ago when he visited the rent and left wanting to be a husky.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
UConn head coach Paul Pasqualoni along with offensive coordinator George DeLeone, offensive line coach Mike Foley, special teams coach Clayton White, receivers coach and recruiting coordinator Matt Cersosimo and defensive coordinator Don Brown are all expected to be at Rentschler Field today checking out the state high school championship games while supporting Connecticut high school efforts overall.

At the risk of being Mr. MOTO, does that mean the guys who weren't named are gone?

Reaction Score
It's a no-brainer that the state university's football coach should have good relationship with the state's HS coaches, especially when that university has the only big time program in a small state.
But the weight being put on that relationship in a state that produces 10-15 FBS players a year is way out of whack. Everyone likes to kill RE because he had a less than perfect relationships with the state coaches. But remember, a lot of those guys - the living definition of an old boys network - weren't giving him the time of day until the shovels were in the ground in East Hartford. Was Edsall wrong for not overlooking those slights when UConn finally had all the big-time bells and whistles? Yes, but on the other hand, I don't expect the Mass HS coaches will be formally assisting UMass in their coaching search. I'm still appalled by the arrogant self-importance that went into the formal endorsement of PP. That letter would have been laughed off south of the Mason-Dixon line.
Six coaches at The Rent sounds like 2-3 too many to me. Lots of playoff games still going on in the south.
BTW, Newsome is a freak. If Darren Sproles can make it, so can he.

Reaction Score
dude ... 3700 frickin yards and 62 TD's! ... but if you take away his what? ... he averaged 12 yards a carry this year ... i bet 2500 were in the first half ...
skew you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul