UConn Spring Showcase results | The Boneyard

UConn Spring Showcase results

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Although this is old news, thought I would create a thread with the results posted by Edsall. This might be a handy reference in August and going into Sept.

Results:

Top Performers in our ⁦@UConnFootball⁩ Husky Showcase Bench Press. All between 370 to 415. ⁦@bigtrav76⁩, @CT52⁦_, ⁦@MatthewPeart65⁩, ⁦@C_Haynes70⁩ and ⁦@JayRose1010⁩. As a TEAM we had 35 players over 315 lbs.

Top Performers in our ⁦@UConnFootball⁩ Husky Showcase Front Squat. All 425 or better. ⁦@CT52_⁩, ⁦@DonevinOReilly⁩, ⁦@Robert66Holmes⁩, ⁦@MW7_vii⁩, ⁦@Dominate_WGH⁩ and ⁦@donwon_15⁩. As a TEAM we had 27 players over 365 lbs.

Top Performers in our ⁦@UConnFootball⁩ Husky Showcase Hang Clean. All 335 or better. @CT52-_, ⁦@camerondegeorge⁩, ⁦⁦@Ethomasss22⁩, ⁦@bigtrav76⁩, ⁦@gilmartin20⁩ and @MatthewPeart65. As a TEAM we had 23 players over 300lbs

Husky Showcase Top 3 Cone (L-Drill) performers. All under 6.77. ⁦@KardiacKey⁩, @omar_fortt, ⁦@T_Herring005⁩, ⁦@cmarioh6⁩ and Malik Banks.

Husky Showcase Top Pro Agility performers. All 4.06 or under. ⁦@KardiacKey⁩, @art_thompkins, ⁦@T_Herring005⁩, @_CoyleEra01, Ryan Carroll and ⁦@Ethomasss22⁩.

Husky Showcase Top Broad Jump performers. All between 10’5” to 11’. @_CoyleEra01, ⁦@onlyone_Kp⁩, ⁦@KardiacKey⁩, ⁦@ShamelLazarus1⁩, @art_thompkins and Elijah Jeffreys.

Husky Showcase Top VJ performers. All between 38 and 40.5”. ⁦@_swenny4⁩, ⁦@Kswizzle_20⁩, @_CoyleEra01, ⁦@KardiacKey⁩, ⁦⁦@masondonaldson_⁩ and ⁦@cmarioh6⁩.

Husky Showcase Top 10 yard dash performers. All 1.52 or under. ⁦@lightsoutoneal⁩, ⁦@KardiacKey⁩, ⁦@T_Herring005⁩, @_CoyleEra01, ⁦@rob_king3⁩, ⁦@kmackthreefour⁩, ⁦@onlyone_Kp⁩ and ⁦@Kswizzle_20⁩.

Husky Showcase Top 40 yard dash performers. All 4.5 or under. ⁦⁦@lightsoutoneal⁩, ⁦@KardiacKey⁩, ⁦@T_Herring005⁩, @_CoyleEra1, ⁦@_swenny4⁩, @art_thompkins and Elijah Jeffreys.

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting this.

The number that jumps out at me is Elijah Jeffreys running 4.5 or under, I had no idea he was that fast at 6' 4". He also shows plenty of lateral quickness in his HS highlight tape. That kid could be a break out player for us at WR

Not surprised at Mason Donaldson being a top leaper. I could see him and Beaudry really clicking as Beaudry in his highlight film shows the ability to high point a ball to a receiver the way Cochran did with Geremy Davis. Hairston also showing up here as a top leaper.

Jeffreys and Donaldson along with Maurisseau, Ardell Brown and Hairston are why i'm not concerned about the WR position the way some are.

It's also great to see Eli Thomas showing up in these results. Amazing comeback!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting. For our experts, how do these compare with those of recent years and how does compare to schools ranked in the 25-50 range?

Reaction Score
People won’t want to hear this but most of these numbers don’t matter because they don’t tell you anything about how good one is at playing football.

In terms of 40’s, I can say that in 2018 Miami had 8 players clocked at under 4.47 during testing, with the fastest being 4.27. Hand timed, of course. At the combine the 40 times, for the NFL draft eligible players, were about 0.10 to 0.15 slower than the team testing.

I think RE has stated he keeps track of his team numbers over time but good luck getting a look at that analysis. As for comparing to other teams, probably just as difficult and would require a lot of research and digging to piece together anything worthwhile. I say might as well wait until the fall and compare what matters.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Well great performance in the gym has never won a football game in and of itself. The data just gives us some idea of how the kids stack up against each other (ie who is fast, who is strong, who is shifty). If Randy manages to run this annual or biannually in the years ahead it could help us see how the team is changing.

In the end, scheme, player instincts, technique and injuries all combine to result in the actual football player we see on the field as opposed to the one that is tested in individual drills.

Reaction Score
More strength, agility and speed on the field is always a plus. Front squats with that amount of weight is quite impressive as holding in the front rack position requires strength and flexibility.
Part of missing tackles is not just technique but also not being quick and agile enough to get close enough to the ball carrier to get good initial contact.

Reaction Score
While measurables alone don't necessarily translate to on field success, and we lack comparable numbers, the fact that the trajectory of all these numbers appears to be positive is encouraging. Edsall's emphasis on building strength, speed and agility seems a lot more rational than Diaco's obsession with diet and nutrition.

Reaction Score
Who is ⁦@KardiacKey⁩? He has some great measurables.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom