UConn Spring Football Updates (1st Practice 3/19/24) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn Spring Football Updates (1st Practice 3/19/24)

Reaction Score
So have we seen any full contact tackling drills yet? Tackling is a physics problem not too dissimilar to military air defense. Interception in an evasive action environment in a manner which allows the target to be wrapped up with force and brought down. I am dubious of arguments that it can be trained at less than full speed and full contact.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So have we seen any full contact tackling drills yet? Tackling is a physics problem not too dissimilar to military air defense. Interception in an evasive action environment in a manner which allows the target to be wrapped up with force and brought down. I am dubious of arguments that it can be trained at less than full speed and full contact.
Have you ever read John Boyd's papers on energy/maneuverability or on the OODA loop? They are fascinating reading and your post above makes me think you probably enjoy them.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Do we see Mora in any of these clips?
Just posted this in the Mora has changed thread. He is usually always shown in these clips making some kinda motivating comment or compliment. Not a single shot of him, or any staff IIRC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom