UConn sophomore Brendan Vechery pushing for starting center spot (Fuller) | The Boneyard

UConn sophomore Brendan Vechery pushing for starting center spot (Fuller)

Status
Not open for further replies.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I'm more than pleased to read about young Mr. "Vechery, a 6-foot-6, 302-pound redshirt sophomore", earning this spot instead of falling into it by attrition. I just wish the kid had enough size to open up the middle.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
What's up with the all-white practice helmets? Do we always wear those?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm more than pleased to read about young Mr. "Vechery, a 6-foot-6, 302-pound redshirt sophomore", earning this spot instead of falling into it by attrition. I just wish the kid had enough size to open up the middle.

I'll take the troll bait. Isn't the only reason he's getting snaps because Crozier is out of the year?

Reaction Score
Wonderful, the season hasn't started and we are reduced to walk-on's starting.:rolleyes: 6'6" and 302 not to shabby.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
A 6' 6". 302 lb center is not small even by NFL standards. He's plenty big enough for the spot. He might be too tall if he can't get low enough to get under the DT.

Reaction Score

Former Lurker - Here is his workout video and some clips of him playing center at Hargrave Military Academy in 2012 He is Big, Strong, Moves well and has played Center before. What's not to like about this kid. I hope the coaches and his teammates get him up to speed by Nova!

Watch him dunk a basketball in High School. He has some athleticism.

[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I am surprised. We heard the staff gush over Oak last year, and seemingly had to convince themselves to keep his RS on - now, he is 3rd on the post-spring depth chart? Interesting

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
I am surprised. We heard the staff gush over Oak last year, and seemingly had to convince themselves to keep his RS on - now, he is 3rd on the post-spring depth chart? Interesting
To me it seems that all the players have to step up, I have no problem with the favorite one year getting chased and passed... it's all about the work those young men are putting in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom