UConn Social media step it up! | The Boneyard

UConn Social media step it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's the first game of the year after a long summer and 5 hours until kickoff. Barely a blip on UConn's social media platforms. Seems trivial but P5 programs do these basic things to help fire up their fanbase. How about a hashtag #bleedblue that doesn't pull up the NY Giants or a snapchat live look in at the team meal or tonight's uniforms hanging in locker room. It's the era we live in and fans want this inside access. Give us something beyond a picture of a empty field on instagram. Especially this alum who lives out of state and can't attend many games in person.

Reaction Score
I agree. I went to the UConn Football page this morning around 10 am and the most recent post was on BS being named starting QB.

Reaction Score
That's my point. It's very basic. Social media has evolved from this.

Right there is more to social media than Facebook, but you can't neglect your Facebook feed all week when there is a game then post something basic 3 hours prior to kickoff. That's crazy.

Reaction Score
They update the Uconn Huskies Facebook more regularly. They've had posts every day with a countdown. I agree though if there is a seperate page for football update it accordingly

Reaction Score
UCONN Football direct social media only seems to #RiseUp when we get a commit or something that's been posted by a million media outlets already gets released.. They definitely need to do a better job...

We as fans can only do so much...

Reaction Score
They update the Uconn Huskies Facebook more regularly. They've had posts every day with a countdown. I agree though if there is a seperate page for football update it accordingly
The UConn Huskies accounts across the board are much more active than the individual team accounts, for whatever reason. UConn Huskies definitely has the biggest audience anyway, so I don't really care to be honest. Just get it out there through some outlet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom