UConn social media is really cookin | The Boneyard

UConn social media is really cookin

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Our football team is a zombie at this point. It’s dead, the fans just haven’t accepted it yet. This is actually kind of sad.

Reaction Score
My sense is you're wrong on this. The team is energized. They want to win. And they likely will surprise this fall.

My sense is that you are wrong more than I am.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This comment by itself made me laugh, what is it in reference to?

ol steve has been melting down for 2 days because his poor memphis tigers are left behind with what the aac passes off as basketball

Reaction Score
My sense is that you are wrong more than I am.
I think we have to embrace this. Somehow Randy managed to snag a few more commits. He's selling them something. 1st order of business, call the other 6 independents (minus ND) and see what you can hash out. Maybe our mens and womens teams will be doing home and homes with BYU, New Mexico State, and others as well. If the administration has truly been pondering this for 6 months, they must have some things figured out.

Reaction Score
My sense is you're wrong on this. The team is energized. They want to win. And they likely will surprise this fall.

1. First the games we negotiated get cancelled or schools demand a renegotiation of terms.

2. The overall schedule becomes even weaker and the best thing we have to sell recruits (we’re independent but you’re still going to play the big boys at home!) goes away.

3. We start recruiting at sub Diaco levels with no bowl tie in, no conference championship to contend for and not that many home games.

4. Football team becomes a bunch of dudes we send to south of border to collect a paycheck and come back with a few players in traction. They are basically sacrificial lambs.

5. We’re playing schools called “Dixie State” once a year.

PS What happens this fall is irrelevant.

Reaction Score
ol steve has been melting down for 2 days because his poor memphis tigers are left behind with what the aac passes off as basketball

Lol. Not a Tiger dude.. but I don’t think the Tigers feel inferior.. I think they are feeling precious actually.

Reaction Score
I'm always fascinated by PR... and these beautiful videos were released today, that show football commitment.

This was clearly done to combat the national narrative that we are giving up on football. Like i always say coaches, (and other school officials) are always talking to fans, the team, and prospective recruits when they speak publicly, (and now with what they put out on social media).

I have to say that for once, it looks like they made a move with some prior planning done. Now that the sticker shock is wearing off, I'm getting excited by the move.

Reaction Score
I think we have to embrace this. Somehow Randy managed to snag a few more commits. He's selling them something. 1st order of business, call the other 6 independents (minus ND) and see what you can hash out. Maybe our mens and womens teams will be doing home and homes with BYU, New Mexico State, and others as well. If the administration has truly been pondering this for 6 months, they must have some things figured out.

I already checked. Those guys are mostly booked to 21-22.

Reaction Score
This was clearly done to combat the national narrative that we are giving up on football. Like i always say coaches, (and other school officials) are always talking to fans, the team, and prospective recruits when they speak publicly, (and now with what they put out on social media).

I have to say that for once, it looks like they made a move with some prior planning done. Now that the sticker shock is wearing off, I'm getting excited by the move.

It actually looked kind of tone deaf and ill timed. It was widely panned.

We have a locker room but no plan.

Reaction Score
I already checked. Those guys are mostly booked to 21-22.
Like you said renegotiation happens. I hope they did some due diligence here. There will be some wrinkles to iron out and some hiccups along the way. They will fill a schedule. East Carolina or Eastern Michigan? Who cares.

Reaction Score
It actually looked kind of tone deaf and ill timed. It was widely panned.

We have a locker room but no plan.
I've always felt like were victims after every nut punch from conference realignment. For once, we went on offense. Aresco and ESPN took a shot to the nuts with this one. To ESPN this is nothing, though i think they did relish the idea of the women's team behind a paywall. To Aresco, we shall see.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom