UCONN Soccer Free Stream vs UMBC | The Boneyard

UCONN Soccer Free Stream vs UMBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
the feed is soo jittery, starting/stopping, it's giving me motion sickness. And it seems to be 6 minutes behind twitter.

Reaction Score
Tied at 1 in 71st minute. UMBC tied it up in 62nd min.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
2-2. Dayum.

Listening on whus.org since it's actually live.

Reaction Score
2 LEADS. Late in game. They allegedly have a great goal tender. And he gives BOTH of them up.

This despite the fact they usually lose these games due to lack of offense, not defense.

I have never seen a program more ill prepared to handle "the moment" of games than this one.

Last edited:

junglehusky

Reaction Score
WHUS color commentator makes a mixed metaphor... "they can breathe a sigh of fresh air" after UMBC's free kick at the end of regulation goes high.

Anyway we're going to OT.

Reaction Score
WHUS color commentator makes a mixed metaphor... "they can breathe a sigh of fresh air" after UMBC's free kick at the end of regulation goes high.

Anyway we're going to OT.

I distinctly remember being in press conferences with Reid after some of his 1-0 losses. He would make a point complaining that the other team would just drop everyone back and not play them making it too difficult to score after they fell down.

I believe that is called tactical coaching and strategy. And something UConn couldn't do with a 1-0 and 2-1 2nd half lead with best goalkeeper in the country protecting the net.

Reaction Score
ASweet3781 said:
2 LEADS. Late in game. They allegedly have a great goal tender. And he gives BOTH of them up.

This despite the fact they usually lose these games due to lack of offense, not defense.

I have never seen a program more ill prepared to handle "the moment" of games than this one.

The second goal wasn't Blake's fault. We gave up a soft corner by not defending up the right side and having to tackle the ball over the line. Then there was a guy unmarked at the far post inside the top of the six who just headed it in. Poor marking on a set piece. It didn't feel close enough to the line where you can say the GK should be controlling that area, but it was close enough where an uncontested header was a clear defensive breakdown by someone.

I didn't see the first goal due to struggling with the choppy feed.

Last edited:

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The second goal wasn't Blake's fault. We gave up a soft corner by not defending up the right side and having to tackle the ball over the line. Then there was a guy unmarked at the far post inside the top of the six who just headed it in. Poor marking on a set piece. It didn't feel close enough to the line where you can say the GK should be controlling that area, but it was close enough where an uncontested header was a clear defensive breakdown by someone.

I didn't see the first goal due to struggling with the choppy feed.

The first goal was a near-perfect free kick into the corner of the net over the wall; and Blake almost had it. UMBC is a team with only two losses and is ranked #5 in the coaches poll, and we're playing them at their house. But there is a certain someone that doesn't care who the opponent is or how our team is playing, because he's a spoiled brat...

EDIT: Pardon me, UMBC only has 1 loss, not 2.

Reaction Score
It's a Thanksgiving miracle! We win on PKs!

Now lets go to UCLA with house money and play with no pressure on our backs.

Reaction Score
Moment handled! On to LaLa land and #1 UCLA

edit... Come on Elon!

Reaction Score
SAMCRO said:
Moment handled! On to LaLa land and #1 UCLA

edit... Come on Elon!

I'd almost rather go to UCLA with no pressure than play Elon at home with "must win" expectations.

Nah - that's a little too crazy. Go Elon.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Payback for Tyus Edney / Ed O'Bannon coming up...

I think the payback for that was the three national titles we've won after that point in hoops, as compared to their 0...(who cursed whom?)... ;)

Reaction Score
Glad UConn won, even though the feed from America East was almost as aggravating as going to PK's again.

Reaction Score
I'd almost rather go to UCLA with no pressure than play Elon at home with "must win" expectations.

Nah - that's a little too crazy. Go Elon.

Definitely too crazy. This was a great weekend for UConn sports. And go UConn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom