UConn signee Paige Bueckers headlines high school girls basketball preseason All-Americans | The Boneyard

UConn signee Paige Bueckers headlines high school girls basketball preseason All-Americans

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
If you look at their own caveat, the list is meant to be just a representation of elite level players and not a rigorous assessment.

We're happy to highlight 15 players on these three teams, but rest assured there are just as many who could make an equal claim to be on the list.

Still, we're confident the girls we've named will, barring injuries or other unforeseen circumstances, not only shine at the high school level but move on to success in college.

Then again, it will be no surprise at all if girls who aren't on the Preseason All-American list turn out to be the ones who wind up with the postseason glory.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Good for Mir!

But this list of 15 omits the player who won 2 NPOY awards last year and is only a high school junior this year. WTH??!

Reaction Score
Good for Mir!

But this list of 15 omits the player who won 2 NPOY awards last year and is only a high school junior this year. WTH??!

Did you hear that she is injured and not playing? It's a pre-season list.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Did you hear that she is injured and not playing? It's a pre-season list.
The last I heard, Azzi was progressing well and able to shoot (similar to Stewie). Shortly after the injury, I believe her father said they would not rush her back. Perhaps she will miss the full season, but my guess is that she'll play some this year.

I saw Azzi play 6 or 7 times last year and try to keep track of her career. She's listed on the SJC roster, but we'll know more when they have some scrimmages fairly soon.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The last I heard, Azzi was progressing well and able to shoot (similar to Stewie). Shortly after the injury, I believe her father said they would not rush her back. Perhaps she will miss the full season, but my guess is that she'll play some this year.

I saw Azzi play 6 or 7 times last year and try to keep track of her career. She's listed on the SJC roster, but we'll know more when they have some scrimmages fairly soon.

Just posted in the recruit thread:

Right now, I’m about five and a half months out of surgery and I’ve started practicing a little bit with my team. I don’t have a set return date, and I’m not rushing the process at all. I don’t know if I’m going to play this year or anything like that.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Just posted in the recruit thread:

Right now, I’m about five and a half months out of surgery and I’ve started practicing a little bit with my team. I don’t have a set return date, and I’m not rushing the process at all. I don’t know if I’m going to play this year or anything like that.
Thanks. That's more or less what her father said after the injury. I certainly wouldn't want her to rush. If the doctors clear her, I wonder if she will play, though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom