UConn shut out by Mizzou? | The Boneyard

UConn shut out by Mizzou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't think so.

Mizzou's first two games were against Southeast Missouri State and Arkansas State. UConn's first two games were against Villanova and Army.

Villanova and Army are by far better teams than Southeast Missouri State. In addition to that Nova has the best player in FCS, so with that being said it does not bother me one bit Villanova and Army were competitive against us. We still won both games. Arkansas State is probably as good as both Nova and Army and Mizzou just squeezed by to take the W.

Now, the head to head team stats are almost identical. Take a look:

http://connecticut.247sports.com/StatGame/Missouri-Tigers-Connecticut-Huskies-15025#MIZZ

UConn has better overall Individual stats than Mizzou as well. Now, I'm not saying we're going to destroy Mizzou, but I will say this game is going to be a lot closer than Mizzou fans think. The only advantage Mizzou will have is homefield advantage. #GoHuskies

Reaction Score
I think Mizzou will be in for a surprise. They will find out that our defense is no pushover. Our new QB will keep us in the game. I think we got a shot at an upset.

Reaction Score
How do you think the national media would handle it? Would they praise it ala Toledo? Or do you think they would brush it off as Missouri beat themselves, yada yada yada?

It sure would be good for the program if we do somehow manage the upset here that we garner some positive press out of it. I think ESPiN would temper any praise sent our way.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
How do you think the national media would handle it? Would they praise it ala Toledo? Or do you think they would brush it off as Missouri beat themselves, yada yada yada?

It sure would be good for the program if we do somehow manage the upset here that we garner some positive press out of it. I think ESPiN would temper any praise sent our way.
I would suspect it may depend on how it unfolded.
ESPN hates to be wrong and god forbid should they correct themselves.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The Mizzou D has racked up the TFL and our O-line had given up way too many TFLs. If Verducci can develop a gameplan and the players execute the plan to minimize the TFL issue, then we can give them a hell of a game. It's all lynch pinned on minimizing the TFLs for the offense. Can we do that with screens, Noel Thomas jet sweeps and quick drop throws to hot routes? I hope so. We'll need a bag of tricks and great pass protection play from our RBs.

Reaction Score
Indiana beat Missouri last year on Sept 20th....who is to say we can't do the same tomorrow?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Verducci is going to put stuff on the field that they haven't seen before. I am really looking forward to it. We will know a lot more about our team after this game.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score

If this were to unfold, you would hear nothing but excuses about Hansbrough's injury, Maty Mauk having a hangnail...
But, that being said, I'd be thrilled to hear any and every excuse and still be flying high for the season, so bring it!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
You'd hear a never ending string of praise for BD turning it around followed immediately by speculation on him leaving at the end of the season.

We will have returned to cute underdog status. Which frustratingly has to be considered a step up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom