UConn should be weary of Big 12 expansion | The Boneyard

UConn should be weary of Big 12 expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I didn't understand the argument he was making.

The AAC is located in the same place as the B12.

My only concern here is that, even though UConn has all the metrics on its side, when the vote comes to add members, all the Presidents and ADs must envision sending their Olympic sports to Storrs for games.

This is going to be a problem when they get ready to sign on the dotted line.

But otherwise, UConn is the only choice for those that like $$$.

Reaction Score
Whats the use of being the biggest fish in a small pond if that pond is being drained away by the greed of those in the ocean with no promise of rain on the horizon to refill said small pond

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
This article is absurd, even by CR article standards. This guy actually thinks UConn should turn down a Big 12 invite, if it comes, because it would be more lucrative to remain in the AAC:

"If only because football does indeed provide the most profit, and the [sic] even if the Big 12 is the better and more profitable league right now, the AAC provides the much easier path for UConn to succeed — which would then, down the road, potentially equate in large sums of cash."

What?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Sorry, I reflexively reject any article that fails basic grammar. He is trying to say we should be "wary" and instead says we should be "weary". Then he wants us to "stay in the northeast" when there is no northeastern league we could join. Dolt.

Reaction Score
You have to be really bad at simple arithmetic to write that.

Reaction Score
Sorry, I reflexively reject any article that fails basic grammar. He is trying to say we should be "wary" and instead says we should be "weary".

Ding, ding, ding...

... but I for one am growing quite weary!

Reaction Score
Also, that's not what "weary" means. He's thinking of "wary." Pretty incredible that made it into the headline. Probably the worst article I've read on realignment so far, and that's saying something. This must be some very independent venture, because the guy writes like a high school student and lacks even a superficial understanding of the economics of college athletics. Winning the American would "equate to large sums of cash" but landing in the Big 12 wouldn't becase...why exactly?

Reaction Score
Sorry, I reflexively reject any article that fails basic grammar. He is trying to say we should be "wary" and instead says we should be "weary". Then he wants us to "stay in the northeast" when there is no northeastern league we could join. Dolt.

By your standards, you will be reduced to 3 articles per month on any online media.

Reaction Score
By your standards, you will be reduced to 3 articles per month on any online media.

You think he would find three? Grammar and punctuation are considered luxuries and fact-checking a myth told by the Ancients.

Reaction Score

Most national writers seem to understand the definitions of most of the words they use. This article is a war crime, grammatically. If I were Joseph Nardone, I'd change my name and occupation so that no one ever knew I was responsible for this.

Reaction Score
He probably meant "leery" not "weary," which I find funnier...weary could be a typo (added "a"), but mistaking leery for weary just means he didn't know the right word to use.

In any event, UConn would be absolutely murdered by the local and national press if it ever affirmatively harmed itself by saying no to a P5 conference. They should take a PAC12 offer if it comes. Dumb article.

Reaction Score
He probably meant "leery" not "weary," which I find funnier...weary could be a typo (added "a"), but mistaking leery for weary just means he didn't know the right word to use.

In any event, UConn would be absolutely murdered by the local and national press if it ever affirmatively harmed itself by saying no to a P5 conference. They should take a PAC12 offer if it comes. Dumb article.

It's not a typo either way. He doesn't know what weary means.

Reaction Score
So the Big 12 is superior in athletics and will provide a huge infusion of revenue but the AAC has potential!

SOLID

Reaction Score
Yeah, I was wondering about this. He apparently meant "wary"

I'm weary from conference realignment though.

Reaction Score
I'm weary because of the CR nightmare we have all been living. However, I'm wary of any that would write such drivel that we turn down a P-5 offer.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I thought he meant wooly?

You know, because of all the stress.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
If UConn turned down a P5 invitation that would be the equivalent to a steel-toed boot to the scrotum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom