UConn Shot Charts & Team Stat Charts from CbbAnalytics.com | The Boneyard

UConn Shot Charts & Team Stat Charts from CbbAnalytics.com

Reaction Score
This site, Cbbanalytics.com just gave a trial membership of their coaching level, so here are some interesting charts and stats for our season.

Left side is offense, right side is defense. Top is heat map, bottom is zones. Bottom is colored by net eFG%, or how efficient the shooting in the zone is (not relative to zone average, just overall eFG ave).
collage.jpg

Reaction Score
One of the keys to our success this season. We kill you on the boards without subsequently getting beat back down the court the other way.
2ndchancevsfastbreakgivenup.png

I like that we embrace offensive rebounding more than basically any team in the country. Like @UConnStats has said--that's a Tom Moore specialty.

I don't love the consistent off-season refrains that we're going to place fast, and then not following through. Jackson increasing his role as a facilitator as an upperclassmen should help.

Reaction Score
Raw ORTG vs. DRTG (not adjusted for competition/location).
ortgvsdrtg.png

I hate when they don't invert the y-axis for this type of graph. It makes no sense to have the best teams "lower" on the y-axis.

Reaction Score
This site, Cbbanalytics.com just gave a trial membership of their coaching level, so here are some interesting charts and stats for our season.

Left side is offense, right side is defense. Top is heat map, bottom is zones. Bottom is colored by net eFG%, or how efficient the shooting in the zone is (not relative to zone average, just overall eFG ave).
collage.jpg

It's noticable that we've made a concerted effort to take higher percentage shots this year IMO. Less mid-range 2s, much more work at the basket and from 3. Love to see it.

Reaction Score
I like that we embrace offensive rebounding more than basically any team in the country. Like @UConnStats has said--that's a Tom Moore specialty.

I don't love the consistent off-season refrains that we're going to place fast, and then not following through. Jackson increasing his role as a facilitator as an upperclassmen should help.
For the record, this is fast break points against, not our own. Only shows that we do a good job getting back, despite committing pieces forward to rebound. There's usually a tradeiff, but we're dominant in both. A big reason why we never get blown out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom