UConn Seniors Katie Lou Samuelson, Napheesa Collier Ready To Face Final Season | The Boneyard

UConn Seniors Katie Lou Samuelson, Napheesa Collier Ready To Face Final Season

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Napheesa Collier and Katie Lou Samuelson are preparing for a year full of lasts: their last college game, last AAC and NCAA Tournaments and, eventually, last time putting on the Huskies’ uniform.

It’s a bittersweet season for the pair, who have been inseparable since arriving in Storrs together and this year they’re hoping to go out with a bang. “It has hit that it is my last time around here,” Samuelson said.

“I’m excited. I think I’m more excited than ever to have the season start even though that means it’s getting closer. I’m just ready to go, and I’m ready for this season to be a good one.”

[Story]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I hope that this is the year that both or at least one of them can be the go to player when the game is on the line. No championship games since Stewie left. This is their last chance to have a legacy of their own.
No disrespect but regardless if they win this year or not, they have a legacy here at UConn. Both will have been multiple AA, jerseys will be retired, have a championship (even if it was bc of Stewie’s class), & could both be top 5 scoring list.

Maybe give these kids credit for what they’ve done rather than complain about a couple fluke losses. It’s 1 game, anything can happen. Their legacy is already established, all they can do is add to it.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
No disrespect but regardless if they win this year or not, they have a legacy here at UConn. Both will have been multiple AA, jerseys will be retired, have a championship (even if it was bc of Stewie’s class), & could both be top 5 scoring list.

Maybe give these kids credit for what they’ve done rather than complain about a couple fluke losses. It’s 1 game, anything can happen. Their legacy is already established, all they can do is add to it.
The interesting thing about UConn WBB is how infrequently fluke losses happen, compared to any other team in any sport. The last time the Huskies had consecutive losses was 25 years and 7 months ago. Stewie had not been born.

Reaction Score

It don't mean a thing if you ain't got that ring.

(I know - they both have "Stewie rings." But they need their own rings.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom