UCONN sections at MSG | The Boneyard

UCONN sections at MSG

Reaction Score
Apologies if I missed it. Can someone post the UCONN sections at MSG for the IU game on Tuesday?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Apologies if I missed it. Can someone post the UCONN sections at MSG for the IU game on Tuesday?
I'd expect most of the Garden to be de facto UConn sections by then, except for the two or three sections sold to IU.

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
IU used to travel really well for hoops. I bet they still will. I would guess a decent number of their fans.

Reaction Score
They might of had the advantage that game
They might have. Just wonder because this is a Tuesday single game versus last time when it was a Thursday/Friday tournament if it will make a difference.

Wonder if Louisville/Texas Tech will bring a lot of fans.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
IU is a national brand with a huge NYC alumni faction. It was not an overwhelming UConn crowd when we played them in 2013.
2013 was a late week day/weekend tournament. I sat amidst several IU pajama pant clad fanatics. Yes they travel very well but they were even surprised at the turnout but reasoned it was a pre holiday weekend (Thanksgiving) and people in Indiana tend to travel that time of year. It gave them a Saturday to shop NYC for the holidays. In addition their football team was experiencing a losing season so interest was just not there.
This year - being a one night only thing and mid-week may have a different result.
IU does travel well and has a large NYC area alumni group

Reaction Score
IU is a national brand with a huge NYC alumni faction. It was not an overwhelming UConn crowd when we played them in 2013.
Agreed. I actually think IU will get the better turnout especially given the late start. Tons of alumni and die hards in NYC.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Yeah, if someone could point me in the direction of the aforementioned cheap seats I'd appreciate it.

Seeing like $80 for upper deck on StubHub.

Ticketmaster has uppers for $61.

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
I’m section 3. First time behind a basket in years, idk if I’ll like it but it’ll still be fun.

Reaction Score
Agreed. I actually think IU will get the better turnout especially given the late start. Tons of alumni and die hards in NYC.

To @gtcam point I think it will be different this time around. No holiday, game not on a weekend. Indiana does have a decent alumni base in NYC but I was at Rutgers/Indiana @ MSG last year and it was a turnout UConn should outnumber.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I’m section 3. First time behind a basket in years, idk if I’ll like it but it’ll still be fun.

Speaking of sitting behind the basket - Its all about the experience.

I once sat in the St Johns students section (behind basket) when UConn played them at MSG (Caron Butler and the OT game). Only a couple of us were UConn fans in there . It was an interesting experience.

I had a better time sitting behind the basket in the 2004 BET championship game of course. Okafor celebrated after the game in our section.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
To @gtcam point I think it will be different this time around. No holiday, game not on a weekend. Indiana does have a decent alumni base in NYC but I was at Rutgers/Indiana @ MSG last year and it was a turnout UConn should outnumber.
I hope. UConn fans I have spoken to are passing on this game because of the late week night start. The Maryland game from a few years ago (picture Ollie throwing papers onto the floor) was a disaster catching that midnight train in a rush (next train after midnight is 1am) and I think people are steered away from that. At least the few I’ve spoke to.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom