UConn Schedules Another Game with Liberty in 2022 (Nov 12 in East Hartford) | The Boneyard

UConn Schedules Another Game with Liberty in 2022 (Nov 12 in East Hartford)

Reaction Score
Liberty had previously released the full 2022 schedule last February, but since then the Flames have added a date at UConn on November 12th and moved the date at UMass from October 29 to October 8. Previously, Liberty was scheduled to make the return trip to Florida International on October 8. That game has since been removed from the future football schedules. FIU is scheduled to visit Lynchburg on September 26 this coming season.

Liberty makes changes to 2022, 2023 football schedules

Doesn't seem to be a return game at Liberty.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Based on how we’ve seen AD navigate, I’d keep an eye on FIU. We need to keep a playing presence in FL. We’ve been opportunistic in triangulating schedules to benefit from a canceled game by stepping in for both. Just a thought

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Current 2022 Home Slate:

Central Connecticut
Syracuse
Fresno State
BC
Liberty

You could score this in binary. 01110. We fans all know there are going to be some "strategic alliance" games til fill in the home slate. UConn can probably get a consistently better road schedule since many more programs are willing to pay the university some $$$$ to bring UConn to them without a return game.

Reaction Score
Based on how we’ve seen AD navigate, I’d keep an eye on FIU. We need to keep a playing presence in FL. We’ve been opportunistic in triangulating schedules to benefit from a canceled game by stepping in for both. Just a thought

Nice call. We have an open date on October 8th, which is when Liberty was supposed to travel to FIU.

And kudos to Liberty for helping us out again.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Liberty is not going to be easy wins though I would expect it to be close in the next couple of years.

Reaction Score
BC and Syracuse are good gets. Fresno I guess is interesting. Central and Liberty not so much. Not sure FIU moves the needle not at all.
CCSU as of right now could play it close or probably beat us. I think it’ll be a cool game. It’ll bring a nice crowd. 2022 schedule is really good imo. Perfect mix of name brand names, winnable. I also think FIU is an away game for recruiting purposes.

Reaction Score
This is good. Wonder how we will fill that 11/26 slot in 2022. Hopefully we can re-up UMass for an extended series, they'd be great to play the final week of each season since that seems to be probably the most difficult date to fill on the schedule.

Reaction Score
BC and Syracuse are good gets. Fresno I guess is interesting. Central and Liberty not so much. Not sure FIU moves the needle not at all.
Agreed. We bitched about UCF and USF and the rest of the AAC but are in a lather to get FIU? Sometimes you have to be smart enough not to believe your own BS. Indy is a hard road and if BC and Cuse weren’t on the ticket, there we be about 10 season ticket holders left. Putting Central on the schedule? Not a fan. Schedule like the flagship.

Reaction Score
Why is that any better? CCSU was good last year and made the FCS playoffs.
Why is that any better? CCSU was good last year and made the FCS playoffs.
Its not. Just a play on the words scheduling fellow flagships. I think we should schedule nearby FCS schools. They should be regarded as a tune up heading into the FBS schedule but it hasn't been the case for several years. Tended to regard how we play against these teams as a portend or preview to the season. We should be playing Delaware UNH and other CAA schools.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I feel like the 2022 schedule might get rounded out with a road game against FIU (obviously) and perhaps a home date with Coastal Carolina (as part of a new H&H series). We really need games in South Carolina/Florida/Georgia.

Coastal Carolina is rather wide open with their future OOC scheduling. In 2022 they have Buffalo and Army visiting with no road game scheduled yet.

Current 2022 schedule:
  1. 08/27 - at Utah State
  2. 09/03 - Central Connecticut
  3. 09/10 - Syracuse
  4. 09/17 - at Michigan
  5. 09/24 - at NC State
  6. 10/01 - Fresno State
  7. BYE Week
  8. 10/15 - at Ball State
  9. 10/22 - [Insert Potential at FIU game?]
  10. 10/29 - Boston College
  11. 11/07 - [Insert Potential Coastal Carolina home game?] <-dont see them agreeing to come up here last week of the season
  12. 11/12 - Liberty
  13. 11/19 - at Army

For fixing 2021 gaps (we need four games), I feel like two could come from that BYU - Georgia State slated for 11/20. BYU as an independent will appreciate our plight. We would get BYU to UConn (rather than BYU visiting Georgia State) and then we'll take the road game to Georgia State. I could see the BYU game scheduled at Yankee Stadium.

Okay - After cooking up this BYU game I see now that we have that road date with UCF on 11/20 with Clemson on the road the week before....Hmmm, dont see UCF rescheduling us to mid October to make this work...... Anyways....

Reaction Score
Are you new to the sport? We have been playing one FCS team every year since the Rent opened. Most FBS teams do it.
I’m full aware of every single game we’ve played prior including those before you were born. Not my point. Why play instate against your little brother. Do you have any appreciation of just how damaging to the program a loss to to CCSU would be?Literally zero upside all downside. Just stupid beyond all measure.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
You could score this in binary. 01110. We fans all know there are going to be some "strategic alliance" games til fill in the home slate. UConn can probably get a consistently better road schedule since many more programs are willing to pay the university some $$$$ to bring UConn to them without a return game.

If the 6th (or hoping for a 7th) home game is attractive, that would fit expectations as an Independent. If the 6th game is Akron or Buffalo, I be disappointed. Two named rivals and 2 known programs is a fair product. 3 home yawners would be a bad sign. Almost better off sticking with 5 home games and adding a 7th road game as a money game vs a really big name.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Agreed. We bitched about UCF and USF and the rest of the AAC but are in a lather to get FIU? Sometimes you have to be smart enough not to believe your own BS. Indy is a hard road and if BC and Cuse weren’t on the ticket, there we be about 10 season ticket holders left. Putting Central on the schedule? Not a fan. Schedule like the flagship.

What a bizarre take.

Take away two or four programs our fans care about playing the most (BC, Syracuse, Rutgers, Pitt), and then the schedule would be bad!

Who else would you suggest? You need an FCS team, bfd.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom