UConn - SC Postgame Press Conference | The Boneyard

UConn - SC Postgame Press Conference

Reaction Score
Saniya took 2 charges. that's like seeing Haley's Comet...
Lou got an offensive rebound. forget global warming. that's the most amazing thing.

it was all just mean to be

And Geno gives Shae credit for settling the kids at half time....distributing praise and credit

Wow, did Geno ever take a swipe at the current political situations!

And takes a real knock on Crystal.

Geno started off the pressre slowly, but he sure picked up steam.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wow, a couple of chippy answers from Nurse in response to questions about her ankle that I thought were fair and respectfully posed. If she doesn't want to talk about injuries as a matter policy, I think that's fine. But it's good that she finally came out and said that directly, as I don't think there would be a presumption that questions of the nature asked are out of bounds.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I am so glad to have Geno finally associate Gabby's presence and ability on the court with Maya Moore. Right now there is, as Geno says, no one else like her in WCBB.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
At about the 8 minute mark Geno warms to the task! "It was meant to be." Saniya took 2 charges. Lou got an offensive rebound and was fouled! He was in very good form.

Reaction Score
I thought Kia's answers were interesting. Among some very articulate players, she's easily the most articulate. Not sure if "chippy" is the right word or not, but she sure was annoyed, with Geno no doubt. If I had to guess, knowing her drive and competitive nature, I'd say she felt she (and her ankle) were good enough to be on floor and contribute at a high level, and Geno didn't. And it bothered her. Overall, I thought it was refreshing to hear a player show a little more what they think/feel and a little less of the canned replies. I really don't know how they keep their cool and grace sometimes with the level of questions they get.

Reaction Score
I thought Kia's answers were interesting. Among some very articulate players, she's easily the most articulate. Not sure if "chippy" is the right word or not, but she sure was annoyed, with Geno no doubt. If I had to guess, knowing her drive and competitive nature, I'd say she felt she (and her ankle) were good enough to be on floor and contribute at a high level, and Geno didn't. And it bothered her. Overall, I thought it was refreshing to hear a player show a little more what they think/feel and a little less of the canned replies. I really don't know how they keep their cool and grace sometimes with the level of questions they get.
Agree. Kia is a competitor and wants to play even if it is on one foot. She was thrilled for the team's win and annoyed she wasn't at full strength though she would never dream of blaming a twisted ankle on her extended bench time.

Reaction Score
Wow, a couple of chippy answers from Nurse in response to questions about her ankle that I thought were fair and respectfully posed. If she doesn't want to talk about injuries as a matter policy, I think that's fine. But it's good that she finally came out and said that directly, as I don't think there would be a presumption that questions of the nature asked are out of bounds.
Don't think she's a fan of having to deal with the media and the repetitive sometimes leading questions as each reporter attempts to ferret out their scoop.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I thought Kia's answers were interesting. Among some very articulate players, she's easily the most articulate.
I absolutely agree. Kia's poise and wisdom is truly impressive. If she ever decides to run for office, she has my vote. Maybe we can do something about the U.S. Constitution (The Canadian thing) so she can run for president. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
But here, Geno was right. It was clear that Kia wasn't moving well, and Geno has longer term plans: needs Kia healthy for the tournament. Sometimes the coach really does know more than the player....

Reaction Score
Never meant to infer Geno was wrong in sitting her. He was right. Just really liked her frank answers to the usual semi-inane post game questions. Not rude, not chippy, but succinct and to the point...."next question please". Wish there was more of it.

Reaction Score
Never meant to infer Geno was wrong in sitting her. He was right. Just really liked her frank answers to the usual semi-post game questions. Not rude, not chippy, but succinct and to the point..."next question please". Wish there was more of it.
I'm always impressed with Kia's post game interviews. She handles herself very well, and gives succint answers to some ??? questions. I agree she obviously doesn't want to "blame" an injury for anything, nor does she want to share information for the next opponent to use in their game planning. There are professional teams that won't comment on injuries...for the same reasons. And, as much as I'm sure Kia wanted to play, when she was in, it was clear how much trouble she had cutting and moving on the floor, defending and so on. Had Danger not been able to carry the load in her absence, then I could see her pushing through despite the pain (??). And, getting Danger that experience in an important game, this close to the AAC and NCAA tournaments should pay dividends! Kia is a great TEAM Leader and TEAM Player!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom