UConn, Rutgers, Boise State and Houston the top 4 tv attractions | The Boneyard

UConn, Rutgers, Boise State and Houston the top 4 tv attractions

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
This article clearly proves CBS is out to get the Big East, right?

Reaction Score
We are a marquee athletic department in a conference now? Wow. Times do change! UCF and USF should also be able to attract viewers in Orlando and Tampa. Memphis should get eyeballs for basketball, at least. Louisville and Cincinnati attract attention in their markets. Navy football attracts attention nationally and internationally. I think this article is understating the value of Big East football and basketball. We are not a conference of podunk cities, besides Boise.

Reaction Score
UCF and USF should also be able to attract viewers in Orlando and Tampa.
Why would USF, let alone UCF, attract TV eyes in Florida? On 12/28, USF had announced attendance of under 6K for the then #9 UConn game. It sure looked like far less in person. Yes, that's hoops yet FL residents that didn't go to UCF or USF don't care about the schools.

Reaction Score
Why would USF, let alone UCF, attract TV eyes in Florida? On 12/28, USF had announced attendance of under 6K for the then #9 UConn game. It sure looked like far less in person. Yes, that's hoops yet FL residents that didn't go to UCF or USF don't care about the schools.

Sort of. Part of the problem is that USF needs to be good at basketball to attract a loyal fan base in the beginning. Not only are you competing with UF and FSU for fans but you are also competing with every other university in the country since there are so many transplants in Florida. I can go enjoy a Gator basketbal game because they are good and the environment is fun. When I go to a USF game, I'm not expecting either. Once they win for a bit, the locals will start to buy in a little better. USF had a very good football environment when they were winning. It takes some version of UConn's dream season to get newer programs off and running. USF and UCF will be fine if they can be successful enough to get the locals feeling excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom